News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Larger Enclosures....no likey?

Started by peAk, February 26, 2014, 06:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

I actually like the height of the 125B, primarily for top mounted jacks.  I am refitting whatever pedals I have with side mount jacks to top mount so I can put them side by side on the board.  It also makes label design much easier when I just stick with one size.  I did recently order a couple of 1590A enclosures, not sure what for actuallyl.   ;D
Jonathan

blearyeyes

Quote from: peAk on February 27, 2014, 01:36:39 PM

Here is the Fuzz I did with tolex covering on the bottom/sides. Overkill space wise? Sure, but I like big!

That is really excellent looking and I love the Tolex. Very classy.

How did you do the graphics on the steel face?

jkokura

Yeah, the height of the 125B is as low as I'll go really. It's perfect for top mounted jacks, and if your foot complains that it's 3/8" higher to lift and stomp on it, I'm a bit curious really, you can thread the stomp switch down 1/4" so it's closer to the enclosure, and the switch still fits internally...

I recently did some 1590B builds... which reminds me why I like the 125B best.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

peAk

Quote from: blearyeyes on February 27, 2014, 03:59:08 PM

Here is the Fuzz I did with tolex covering on the bottom/sides. Overkill space wise? Sure, but I like big!

That is really excellent looking and I love the Tolex. Very classy.

How did you do the graphics on the steel face?

thanks! I use clear waterslide decals. I really have a love/hate relationship with this method. I use an inkjet printer so maybe that has something to do with it. Not sure if having to clearcoat the decal before you dunk it in water (unlike laser jet) has any affect on it but I have a problem with creases towards the edges. Maybe it's the brand of waterslide I am using? Don't know. My heart starts racing everytime I have to do it though.

Leevibe

+1 on the tolex. It looks nice against the stainless.

blearyeyes

I did my first clear water slide tonight and it came out great..thanks to the many posts I read beforehand.. This DIY thing is really all about standing on the shoulders of giants! Still want some of those enclosures...

billstein

thanks! I use clear waterslide decals. I really have a love/hate relationship with this method. I use an inkjet printer so maybe that has something to do with it. Not sure if having to clearcoat the decal before you dunk it in water (unlike laser jet) has any affect on it but I have a problem with creases towards the edges. Maybe it's the brand of waterslide I am using? Don't know. My heart starts racing everytime I have to do it though.

You doneed to clearcoat the decal if it is inkjet.

Stig

I really dont get that ultra small package. I mean just how many pedals do you really need on a board?

I really like the bigger enclosures, I have even made one from an art tube preamp enclosure for my kingslayer. Which is unnecessary large. 

I see why you want to make one, because you are bored or need the challenge. But every one?

I guess Im a bit old school regarding my board pedals. I 3 drives, reverb, delay and a fatpants. All above that is really just for show :-)

sonarchotic

Here are some boxes a friend and I just made. Based on the EHX Russian boxes. We changed a couple of the angles a bit and kept the lip of the bottom piece over the top so you could use veneers without needing a border. They are big and I can't imagine too many circuits that couldn't be fit in there. We had a metal fab shop make the protos but I am going to try and make them myself in the future. If the price is at all reasonable I'll look at making more models and offering them to you guys.

culturejam

^^^ Sign me up as a beta tester.  :) ;)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: Stig on March 01, 2014, 11:20:40 AM
I really dont get that ultra small package. I mean just how many pedals do you really need on a board?
Uhhh all of them.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stig

Quote from: jimilee on March 01, 2014, 09:32:47 PM

Uhhh all of them.
All at the same time or what?:-)

jimilee

Quote from: Stig on March 01, 2014, 09:33:47 PM

Quote from: jimilee on March 01, 2014, 09:32:47 PM

Uhhh all of them.
All at the same time or what?:-)
If necessary.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peAk

Quote from: sonarchotic on March 01, 2014, 03:20:34 PM
Here are some boxes a friend and I just made. Based on the EHX Russian boxes. We changed a couple of the angles a bit and kept the lip of the bottom piece over the top so you could use veneers without needing a border. They are big and I can't imagine too many circuits that couldn't be fit in there. We had a metal fab shop make the protos but I am going to try and make them myself in the future. If the price is at all reasonable I'll look at making more models and offering them to you guys.

Love em! I would definitely buy some of those if the price was decent.