News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need someone stateside interested in rehousing a Dano delay

Started by midwayfair, February 25, 2014, 07:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

A customer contacted me about doing this. I've never rehoused a danelectro but I figure some other people have and could probably do a good job. PM me and I can put him in touch with you.

You'll also get a kick out of the hack job of JHS's mod to this pedal, which involves sticking a knob an inch away from the footswitch.

culturejam

Quote from: midwayfair on February 25, 2014, 07:36:28 PM
You'll also get a kick out of the hack job of JHS's mod to this pedal, which involves sticking a knob an inch away from the footswitch.

Is there anything that guy won't slap a sticker on for $40?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jubal81

You'll never guess where he put the knob ...

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jtn191

culturejam

Clayford

it's a fairly straightforward operation, and time consuming to do "right"

Hardwire the effect switch to always on.
Hardwire the power switch to on. It uses transistor switching, so replace the pcb mounted switch with leads from a momentary switch of your choice. Replace the 9v input jack with our standard. Remove and rewire the led. You might move the pots off the board as well and convert them into standard ones. They follow resistor code... A103 = A100k and so on and so on. Upgrade the input and output jacks. Use a regular 3pdt switch and standard wiring to convert to true bypass.

Get a new enclosure - finish and drill the appropriate holes, rock it before you box it, and then do so.

It's a LOT of work on a $25 pedal, that he's spent $40 in mods and shipping on.

Clearly I've done a few of these, but not in a while. I don't work on anything Danelectro anymore. I don't support hate and the owner does. I know he's got his money already, etc etc. I feel better not working on them, and letting people know why.

Edit: added correct info
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

culturejam

Quote from: Clayford on February 26, 2014, 08:15:25 AM
Hardwire the power switch to on. It uses transistor switching,

Have you tried manually wiring the input/output of the effect and using a 3PDT?

mattlee0037

Clayford

Quote from: culturejam on February 26, 2014, 03:01:38 PM
Quote from: Clayford on February 26, 2014, 08:15:25 AM
Hardwire the power switch to on. It uses transistor switching,

Have you tried manually wiring the input/output of the effect and using a 3PDT?

Blame 3:15am in the morning.

Yeah. I meant what you said. I haven't worked on any of those since I found out. Dano took down his guide around the same time, so the memory was a bit sketchy, especially at 3:15am

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded