News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Workbench Cleverness

Started by Leevibe, February 15, 2014, 07:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

I also think that using a blue tack kind of holder its very convenient. (hate the helping hands).
i had to find similar in Germany and the name is UHU- Patafix
you can find some similar products, dont know how is the experience of the pips here with different putter´s like stickers.
here is what i´ve found:
UHU-Tac by UHU/Patafix/Bostik (available in white and yellow)
the Prestik, same stuff from Bostik for the South Africa market,
the Sticky Stuff, Sticky Fix or Multi-Tack by Pritt
Tack-It by Faber-Castell (available in many colours)
Duck Brand Poster Putty
Fun-Tack by LePage
Adhesive-Putty or Mounting-Putty by Scotch
Tac'N Stik by Ross
Tak Tabs by Elmer's
Sticky Tack by AMscan
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Willybomb

QuoteIsn't Bostick, the BluTac parent company, Australian?

As I said in the Blu-Tac thread, if anyone wants some sent over, I'm happy to do so!

davent

First references i saw for it was using it for HIFI, first i bought was from a diy HIFI dealer.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Let the workbench mojo begin!!!

rullywowr

Quote from: Leevibe on March 12, 2014, 07:19:55 PM
Let the workbench mojo begin!!!

The real deal...slightly jealous, not gonna lie!   8)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

davent

Now if Tayda would carry it there'd be something worth ordering there... duck now!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

rullywowr

Quote from: davent on March 12, 2014, 08:22:52 PM
Now if Tayda would carry it there'd be something worth ordering there... duck now!

I do like Tayda and order there often, but they would probably have "Eurolive Bloo Tak" or similar.  You could tell on the package where the original brand was sanded off and the new label applied.   :P

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Blues Healer

I haven't read every single reply, but here's and indespensible tool for me:
a locking tweezer, that is, you squeeze it, it opens, you let go and and it clamps ... I find it very handy when I'm wiring off-board stuff, and it applies just enough pressure, without leaving a mark:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=416
"music heals"

alanp

What I need is a good pair of small-gauge wire strippers... my strippers are designed for amp-gauge wire (I built a 5E3 long before any pedals), and I use a pair of sidecutters for stripping right now.

Yes, the sidecutters have stripped all my wire, from the Rangemaster, through to the Tremopanation.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

A Hockey Puck! Best thing that ever happened to my bench.

It as hole going through it, one side is the size of a footswitch actuator. I stick the footswitch in there, pre-wire it or install daughter board. Once hardware is mounted in the enclosure i stick the actuactor in there again... it holds the pedal perfectly straight, heavy enough so it don't tips over, overall diameter is just perfect, so i can use it with any type of enclosure from 1590BB to 1590A without interfering with the pot shafts.

The surface is smooth and non abrasive so i don't scratch the finish.... ...something i don't really care about... more scratch equal more mojo with the kind of finish i do...haha

On the opposite side of the Puck, the hole is now big as a preamp tube socket hole... use that side when i need to drill from the inside of an enclosure on the fly.

It's 99cents and it rocks, it's Hockey! ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on March 13, 2014, 03:56:10 AM
What I need is a good pair of small-gauge wire strippers... my strippers are designed for amp-gauge wire (I built a 5E3 long before any pedals), and I use a pair of sidecutters for stripping right now.

Yes, the sidecutters have stripped all my wire, from the Rangemaster, through to the Tremopanation.

Get these puppies. Simple but very good.

alanp

I've got an Ideal branded pair, just like that, but large gauge (#24 wire just slides through the smallest hole in them, effortlessly, with no harm whatsoever.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Blues Healer

I have those same Klein's, and they've served me well. ;)
"music heals"

jkokura

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 13, 2014, 03:59:13 AM
A Hockey Puck! Best thing that ever happened to my bench.
It's 99cents and it rocks, it's Hockey! ;D

Brilliant idea. I actually use my solder roll this way. the hole is about the same size as a 3PDT switch, and handy on my bench.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on March 13, 2014, 04:04:55 AM
I've got an Ideal branded pair, just like that, but large gauge (#24 wire just slides through the smallest hole in them, effortlessly, with no harm whatsoever.)

The. Kleins grab that 24ga and show it who's boss.