News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

An option instead of Painted Enclosures

Started by sgmezei, March 17, 2011, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

Here is a sample of some enclosures I covered with Fabrics. They turned out great and so far very durable. I didn't want to jump right in to painting and I don't have the space.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sgmezei

k.rock!

Dude!!! I love this! How are you attaching the fabrics to the enclosure?
These look really amazing man, great job!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sgmezei

Modpodge. Its like white glue that dries clear. If you apply about 5 coats it works like a clear acrylic finish. I am also trying to spray the last coats with clear "spray can" finishing coat to see if thats any stronger.

Thanks  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Dude this is really creative! I've been pondering about recreating a tone machine and doing this with velvet like the originals! I really like the 'lil plexi. Really cool!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

night-B

sgmezei

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 17, 2011, 08:48:58 PM
Dude this is really creative! I've been pondering about recreating a tone machine and doing this with velvet like the originals! I really like the 'lil plexi. Really cool!

Just be careful with the velvet because it wont be soft after, it will be hard and a little bit darker. I have found that cotton based fabrics work best, stick easier, and are easier to handle. Good luck man! oh, and you can get ModPodge at like any craft store, I got mine at Michaels.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thanks for the tips! I'm also thinking a tweed covered pedal ;D

sgmezei

Yeah man they look SWEET. I did a booster in one but dont have a pic yet. You should check out

http://www.mrdwab.com/john/Pedals.html

for some wicked ideas.

Scott

night-B

I mixed some ink with some clear coat just for testing, here's the result :
the crime scene pedal  ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigmufffuzzwizz

Yes John from Basic Audio does spectacular work. Insides are also super clean and the outsides look even better! The tweed pedal he has at the bottom of that link is exactly what i'm thinking.
He must have someone making those wood boxes for him or else he's a crafty man!

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

sgmezei

Quote from: night-butterfly on March 19, 2011, 07:27:02 AM
I mixed some ink with some clear coat just for testing, here's the result :
the crime scene pedal  ::)

Looks cool man, Im just about to start messing with paint in the next few weeks and I like that Idea.

sgmezei