News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Behringer digital reverb losing power.

Started by danwelsh, February 09, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

hi guys....I installed pickups in my buddys guitar yesterday and he gave me a Behringer digital reverb to try and fix. it powers on for around five minutes then just stops...power light stays on. if you leave it for a bit and plug it back in same thing around five minutes. same with batteries or one spot. any ideas where to look first?

jkokura

I can't say for certain, but if you pop it open and take some high quality photos, post them here, and we might be able to help out more.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

RobA

Quote from: danwelsh on February 09, 2014, 05:00:56 PM
hi guys....I installed pickups in my buddys guitar yesterday and he gave me a Behringer digital reverb to try and fix. it powers on for around five minutes then just stops...power light stays on. if you leave it for a bit and plug it back in same thing around five minutes. same with batteries or one spot. any ideas where to look first?
I'd look at caps and regulators first. Since the power light stays on, I'd make a first guess that it's after the voltage filtering cap. And since it's digital, I'd guess there is a critical voltage regulator powering most of the circuit. So, that's where I'd start.

But, as Jacob says, good photos would really help.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).