News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first pedal build

Started by LJangel, February 08, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJangel

This is a first build for me.  I picked up a broken pedal that had the Sunking v3 board in it.  After going through the whole thing, replacing a few components, and creating the new enclosure, this is the end result.  It's also the first time I've ever used waterslide decals.  The decal came out nice and smooth but in the process I stretched the one side a little.  Anyway, please don't be too critical.  thanks

jubal81

Looks really sharp. Nice job.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Looks like the addiction grabs ahold of another victim.

Great first build the art work looks great and your wiring looks clean. Welcome to the forum and get ready to build more pedals than you will ever need.

Gledison

Cool! I digged the LED!
Welcome in the addiction!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

bcalla

That's very nice, great design.  You forgot to tell us how it sounds.

LJangel

Sounds great.  Definitely has more treble available than the other overdrive pedals I've got but seems to dial back well.  Ii like it by itself a lot and can dial it in well with chorus and delay for some of the stuff I've been playing recently, and it stacks well with my Black Arts Toneworks Pharoah Fuzz pedal.  I've never had a chance to play the original Klon Centaur but this one's a keeper.

hoodoo

Welcome, and, what's to be critical about here mate, cool graphic, strategic LED placement, neat insides, sweet build  :)

das234

That's a great first build.  I don't think you'll get too many critics on that.  Have you seen Juan Solo's first build??  It kills me every time I see that picture.

billstein

Haven't seen many first builds that are as nice as this. Looking forward to seeing your builds in the future.

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: das234 on February 09, 2014, 02:57:38 AM
That's a great first build.  I don't think you'll get too many critics on that.  Have you seen Juan Solo's first build??  It kills me every time I see that picture.

Link please?

Fantastic first build and nice graphic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

LJangel

thanks everyone!
Dave, I can't find Juan Solo's first build but a search on this site led me to his website address and he's got a ton of nice pedal designs on there.  http://juansolo.demon.co.uk

das234

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=11455.0

This is a good thread about people's first builds.  Juan's post is about halfway down the page.  It's the one with the holes drilled in the wrong place and about 4 pounds of copper wire in it.  I get a kick out of it because his current stuff is just so perfect.

Rockhorst

Love the graphic, nice build!

GrindCustoms

You Sir are off to a great start in this hobby, congrats on your first build, really does look good! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

rullywowr

First build?  Looks awesome.  Love the led in the staff.  Great job, keep it up!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!