News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Box 'o Fender, Azabache

Started by hoodoo, February 07, 2014, 08:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJangel

Looks great, both inside and out!  The color scheme really works with the graphics you chose.

hoodoo

Thanks again for the compliments. To those that asked, i've had a chance to play with this now, and i'm very impressed. It sounds fantastic, i had it on a pedalboard next to an OCD and a morning glory and they seemed dull compared to it. It's hard to describe sounds, but it has a sparkle/clarity to it, even with the gain maxed, individual notes are easily heard. The bypassed clean amp, even sounded dull when it was turned off. The toggle switches are a must, IMO, as they offer a good variety of sounds. I didn't mark the settings of the swiches, so i can't tell you what setting sounds best, but there is a favourite.  I tried it with single coils and humbuckers and not surprisingly, it preferred the strat, however, you can get a good cranked neil young sound with humbuckers. One thing to note, i had NOS j201's in there to start with, and i couldn't bias it correctly Q1/2, so i used some of those dodgy  ;) tayda ones, and they worked fine. A much recommended build,
All the best, Matt.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.