News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Box 'o Fender, Azabache

Started by hoodoo, February 07, 2014, 08:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day, to all Matt here with my latest, an Azabache, by runoffgroove, pcb layout by Ronan on DIY stompboxes. I haven't put it through it's paces yet, so i can't comment on what it sounds like, but the circuit itself gets rave reviews, so, here's hoping.
One thing i did learn on this build is that different branded j201/2n5457 have different pinout orientations :P An easy fix, but  we all know how it feels when it don't work :(
Anyhow, here she is

LaceSensor

Nice style on that finish with the cream case too
Good work

m-Kresol

Nice build. Clean work inside and out. I really like the cover!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bcalla

That's just about perfect!  Please update us with how it sounds.  I have been eyeing this board for a long time, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Jabulani Jonny

Very nice. I'm actually really interested in that board. Let us know how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

muddyfox

I have had that exact board half-populated for a year now...  ::)
I really should learn to finish what I started...

pickdropper

Really nice job on that one.  The insides are very clean and I like the aesthetics of the enclosure design.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

That looks great, I populated one and then sold it because if it's size. I really love the art, I'm building another professor tweed and you have inspired me
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on February 07, 2014, 03:31:26 PM
I populated one and then sold it because if it's size.

Thomas_H's Azabache is 1590B-sized. I really recommend that if Ronan's board is too large. The Azabache is many times the pedal that the Professor Tweed is.

selfdestroyer

Great execution on this build. The graphics and colors are excellent.

Cody

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on February 07, 2014, 04:55:19 PM
Quote from: jimilee on February 07, 2014, 03:31:26 PM
I populated one and then sold it because if it's size.

Thomas_H's Azabache is 1590B-sized. I really recommend that if Ronan's board is too large. The Azabache is many times the pedal that the Professor Tweed is.
I built one from chi_boy. Sounded incredible. Ordered a second board from him.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

Looks great!  I really like the decal with the tweed accents and the overall clean appearance of the wiring.  I have a layout I made awaiting an enclosure, and the circuit does sound really fantastic.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

hoodoo

Thanks Gents  :) I'll report back when i've had a chance to hear it properly, unfortunately sometimes work gets in the way of playing with pedals ;)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair