News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3.15 - What's coming up...

Started by madbean, March 15, 2011, 04:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The stage phaser is going to be too complicated it seems. The main difference between the two is that the SP has the little turn knob thing and it has an auto ramp down when you bypass. The knob is just two different speed settings and the third position is manual. So, that's no big deal...you can still get all the same range with just one knob.

It's the ramp down thing that's going to make it impractical, I think. Although it's really cool, I'm concerned about making the build too complicated for some customers. On the plus side, I have borrowed a couple of other features and integrated them into the regular phaser, and it has more stages, as well. The original was 5 stages, IIRC.

I'm going to see about making those switchable too, so you can select how many stages you want to use.

bigmufffuzzwizz

this phaser project is what i'm super excited for!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Haberdasher

Quote from: madbean on April 05, 2011, 09:16:35 PM
I'm going to see about making those switchable too, so you can select how many stages you want to use.
sounds very cool

I've got a few njm13700's here reserved for this project, so I hope I'm on the right track. 8)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

JeffdaMaori

I can't wait for the Weener Wah, Screwdriver and LaVache...! Any hint on when the docs might drop as I'm keen on starting to order parts....?!
Also looking forward to vibe, reverb and phaser...

Cheers ;)

azrael

I'm also still very pumped about the Pearl Octaver project I saw you post on DIYSB a while back, madbean. :D

madbean

All of this stuff is still going on. I haven't had any time in the past two weeks to finish up projects, unfortunately. I think by next week I should be able to start getting some of the stuff out.

Ang3lus

Are you married Brian. If you. Ae I don't know how can you get anything done

madbean

Ha ha, yes I'm married and I have an almost 5 year old daughter. I don't know either....
At least I'm not getting up at 4am or working seven days a week right now. I did that for the first three months this year  :'(

Ang3lus

i'm working 6 days a week, around 50-60hrs per week :)
have a month old daughter, hehe.

azrael

Quote from: madbean on April 12, 2011, 11:51:23 PM
All of this stuff is still going on. I haven't had any time in the past two weeks to finish up projects, unfortunately. I think by next week I should be able to start getting some of the stuff out.
Then I am excite.

Man though, Dirk Hendrik beat out our your Dirtbag Delay in terms of DMM shrinkage, though. :(

aziltz

Quote from: azrael on April 14, 2011, 01:02:21 AM

Man though, Dirk Hendrik beat out our your Dirtbag Delay in terms of DMM shrinkage, though. :(

who what where.  'splain yourself!

edit: found it - http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12829

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: aziltz on April 14, 2011, 01:19:11 AM
Quote from: azrael on April 14, 2011, 01:02:21 AM

who what where.  'splain yourself!

edit: found it - http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12829

im in awe.  :o

gtr2

That DMM is quite a feat!  But in no way is that an easy DIY.  I''d still be interested in Brian's Dirtbag delay as I'm sure it will be much more DIY friendly for the masses.  I don't care if it needs a large enclosure for hole through components either  ;)

Shrinkage... made me think of an old Seinfield episode
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: gtr2 on April 14, 2011, 11:55:44 AM
That DMM is quite a feat!  But in no way is that an easy DIY.  I''d still be interested in Brian's Dirtbag delay as I'm sure it will be much more DIY friendly for the masses.  I don't care if it needs a large enclosure for hole through components either  ;)

Shrinkage... made me think of an old Seinfield episode

You are quite right! And I totally remember that episode.  :D

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com