News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DIY Pedalboard and Case

Started by PhiloB, February 05, 2014, 04:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Funds are limited and making stuff is fun:) Got the hard shell suitcase at Goodwill for $5. There was a larger one (double the size) for $12 but wanted to keep it reasonable.  Scrap wood and nails from the garage $0. Need to get some elastic to secure the wah and volume pedal in the top.  May also secure the pedal board the same.  Currently my signal chain is:
Engineer's Thumb Comp>RC Boost Clone>Klon (Sunking)>Eternity OD clone>BYOC Rat>Multiplex Echo>Biyang Reverb>BYOC Boost.
As much fun as this was, I plan to give it to my son eventually and splurge for a pedaltrain or similar board with isolated power supply:)

billstein

That's awesome. Major DIY mojo. :)

raven174us

Nice, I did something similar with a Texas Instruments calculator case. This is an old pic but I cut the pins off the hinges and put removable pins in it.
This is a newer pic.
Jason

jimilee

We got the DIY bug bad! I showed mine off here I believe also
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

Quote from: raven174us on February 28, 2014, 08:46:33 PM
Nice, I did something similar with a Texas Instruments calculator case.

...how big is your calculator?!

raven174us

Quote from: lincolnic on March 01, 2014, 04:48:29 AM

I'm blind so I need a huge calculator!  :o
Jason

billstein

Quote from: lincolnic on March 01, 2014, 04:48:29 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. Must have been one of those early steam powered models.

raven174us

Haha, When I got the case there was foam with cutouts to hold multiple calculators.
Jason

junkemail86

Nice DIY case.  I've done the same thing for 1 about that size and also 1 much larger, both made from hard suitcases from thrift stores.  If anybody is considering doing the same, I recommend styrofoam to build up the pedals to the right height and still keep it light.  I made a pillow to put in the lid side to keep everything cushioned and in place when I close it.  Those old suitcases are indestructible. 

PhiloB

lincolnic

Quote from: raven174us on March 01, 2014, 05:50:12 AM
Haha, When I got the case there was foam with cutouts to hold multiple calculators.

I guess that makes more sense...but I still like the idea of one freaking enormous calculator better.