News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VTL5C3's for Good Price in UK (+ Other goodies)

Started by raulduke, February 05, 2014, 03:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

For the UK/EU guys.

Thonk, a DIY Synth stuff shop, have VTL5C3's at £3.99 in their shop (3.85 for 10).

Seems a pretty good price to me.

They also have a wide range of 1900H clone davies knobs at a good price too (£0.70 a go).

Thought some of you UK guys might be interested... http://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/knobs-davies-1900h-clone-metal/

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

marmaliser

stevie1556

Awesome, I need some VTL5C3s as well!

Cheers for the link

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

chromesphere

Is VTL5C3 the vactrol to stock up on?  Just curious.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

raulduke

It appears to be very common to a lot of guitar effects (tremolos, autowahs etc.) out of the VTL bunch.

It is used a lot in modular synth modules, where a vactrol is required (Buchla stuff etc.), hence Thonk selling them.

stevie1556

Quote from: chromesphere on February 05, 2014, 10:56:14 PM
Is VTL5C3 the vactrol to stock up on?  Just curious.

From several build docs I've seen, it seems to be the main one. I know the Afterlife recommends it over a roll your own one.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

pickdropper

For the US blokes, you can get good prices on Vactrols from Allied Electronics.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

Quote from: raulduke on February 05, 2014, 03:57:36 PM
They also have a wide range of 1900H clone davies knobs at a good price too (£0.70 a go).

Thought some of you UK guys might be interested... http://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/knobs-davies-1900h-clone-metal/

So about these inserts... I can't seem to find a decent picture to answer my question... does the tightening screw go through the metal insert?
I ask because I tried a few plastic 1900 knockoffs that didn't have a metal insert and the plastic threads stripped right away. They were completely unusable.

chromesphere

Thanks guys.  I had a look through a few of Brian's layouts and noticed that the "3" was used in all of them.  The trem lune on tone pad uses the "2" from memory. 

Might have to get a few of these for the web store.  My fellow countrymen have absolutely no sensible option for them what so ever.

hoodoo

I hope you do get some Paul, as like you said, they are hard to get down here. If you are going to stock vactrols, RS components, do the Silonex NSL3?'s that are comparable. Someone smarter than me may be able to tell you which ones correspond with the different VTL5c?'s.

chromesphere

Quote from: hoodoo on February 06, 2014, 11:07:26 PM
I hope you do get some Paul, as like you said, they are hard to get down here. If you are going to stock vactrols, RS components, do the Silonex NSL3?'s that are comparable. Someone smarter than me may be able to tell you which ones correspond with the different VTL5c?'s.

I have a source for the vtl5c3's.  They should be about $8.00. possibly $9.00...Even that's kind of cutting it to the bone.  Their pricey!  Ill look into it.

Edit: Ive order a small quantity. I usually try and aim for a price cheaper then the competition but just cant do it on these, their dam expensive!  Anyway, should have stock in about a week if you need one they will be available!

Kipper4

hoodoo

You can put me down for a couple Paul, just let us know when they're in, thanks, Matt.

chromesphere

Np Matt!  Eta next week (hopefully).
Cheers
Paul