News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cherry Bomb input level mod ?

Started by WAXOU, February 04, 2014, 10:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAXOU

Hello all,

I'm not quite the active guy on this board since I'm basicaly learning for now, but I read a lot of posts and thanks to you I managed to succesfully build and debug a bunch of pedal. I even managed to finish the first pcb I bought back in 2010 which was the Zombii ! (back then it didn't worked at all).

One of the pedal I made is the Cherry Bomb in which I put some Germanium transistors. I like the sound a lot, it's little fuzzy in the bottom and has some "brillance" on the top. I use it for single coil bluesy crunch. But I noticed that when I switch to humbuckers or when I strum stronger, the sound lowers on the attack, a little bit like there is a compressor in front of it.

I'm starting to think that this symptom is caused by too much guitar signal in the input of the pedal and I was wondering if a input level trimmer could be added to the build.

So I give a look on the schematic (which looks like hebrew to me, not as much as a few weeks ago, but still !), and I'm thinking of replacing R3 with a 500k trimmer.

Do you think this will do the trick ?

To do is to be -- Descartes / To be is to do -- Sartre / Doo, bee, doo, bee, doo -- Sinatra