News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

projects current draws

Started by garfo, February 04, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

I'm looking to identify the current draw of my pedals in order to know what better power supply to get.
If anyone can help,here's the lista of what I've got:

Turbo Rat: 7.8mA
MXR Envelope Filter(classic): 1.3mA
Junbo Tonebender: ??
Tremulus Lunne: 15mA
Rebote Delay: ??
Boss Geb7: 20mA
Nautilus(mutron): ??
Madbeanpedals SDX delay: ??
Wamplerpedals B65: 3mA
Turbo Tuner: 43mA
Zvex Sup Hard On: 2mA

micromegas

You can calculate it by yourself:

Paul videos are usefull :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

davent

My rebote is about 23ma and i saw a post somewhere that showed a similar value. LED current draw can play a huge part in a pedals needs, so peoples results could vary widely.

I put together a little box with a one ohm resistor between two power jacks, measure the (m)voltage drop across the resistor and it's a direct transfer to mA's.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

garfo

I'm Ok with approximate values.all my builds use LED's.By the Time I get the parts to build it it will be too late.I just wanted an idea more or less.There's no local shop where I live, and it would take ages.

garfo

Oups

micromegas

Quote from: davent on February 04, 2014, 09:09:52 PM
My rebote is about 23ma and i saw a post somewhere that showed a similar value. LED current draw can play a huge part in a pedals needs, so peoples results could vary widely.

I put together a little box with a one ohm resistor between two power jacks, measure the (m)voltage drop across the resistor and it's a direct transfer to mA's.

dave
Simple and brilliant idea (and a good use for a plastic enclosure)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

garfo

I saw the vídeo, tried to do it but didn't work.instead of an open Jack I used a closed one but unstriped.I used the wires.the pedal turned on, but no reading.Did he use any resistor that I've missed!?

Quote from: micromegas on February 04, 2014, 08:45:11 PM
You can calculate it by yourself:

Paul videos are usefull :)