News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wedge shaped box - Gauging interest and looking for design ideas

Started by DutchMF, February 02, 2014, 11:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

That's looking real good! I got some quotes on my original design, a single proto would be about 40 euros. A run of a 100 would drop it to 23 euros each. I think that including shipping, that would be a bit steep for re-selling, if I was able to front the 2300 euros.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

stevie1556

€23 is fairly steep, but I would be in for a few, say 4 to start with if you do it.

And regarding the powder coating idea from earlier in the thread, I don't mind doing it for people if they want the boxes done.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

marmaliser

Fantastic... Looks like your cad guy knows his stuff. I don't sadly but here is my humble Rat proto
Would he be willing to share the model with me so i can have a look how it should be done ?

The proto as turned out slightly smaller so I need to adjust the K-Factors and bend allowances in the model
The Jack and power holes are a bit close together and bit close to the return so they have been adjusted

peAk

If you guys need any help, I have been using SolidWorks and Seimens NX for about 13 years and can assist with any CAD related issues you need.

I am interested in these enclosures as well!

sonarchotic

Your rat box looks great! I don't have the files in hand just yet but I will soon and see if I can help with any questions.