News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need help - Biyang FootSwitch

Started by PhiloB, February 01, 2014, 01:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

So I am attempting to insert a boost after the effect but can't figure out what goes where on the switch.  I used an audio probe to determine the wet signal to be at 7 and 9 on switch (if I have my numbering correct).

I plan to cut the trace on the switch and splice in the boost if I can figure out which direction (ie out from the board TO out to the plug).

Scruffie

Got a continuity buzzer on your multi-meter?

Tap it to the input jack tip and then to the switch lugs and the same for the output, should be able to work it out.
Works at Lectric-FX

PhiloB

Great idea scruffie:). I'll give it a go

PhiloB

Ok, so 7 is output for the left channel and 9 is output for the right.  It is a stereo pedal.  So, I'd have to build 2 boosts and have them for each 'channel' correct?
For now, I'm just running mono.  If I cut the trace from the pin to the 7th lug.  Then solder the input of the boost to the pin and the output of the boost to Lug 7.  Is this correct?

PhiloB

Ok, wires soldered and trace cut.  Works like a charm. I may have (potentially) the loudest reverb on the planet:). Running it at about 20%.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DutchMF

Quote from: PhiloB on February 01, 2014, 04:15:12 AM
Ok, wires soldered and trace cut.  Works like a charm. I may have (potentially) the loudest reverb on the planet:). Running it at about 20%.

Cool mod, just read your other thread. If it is indeed the loudest reverb, you can say it goes to '11' and sell it to Nigel Tufnel...

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

PhiloB

Oh yes, it'd sound great at the beginning of Stonehenge!