Which guitar finish would you choose?

Blue Burst
19 (45.2%)
Tobacco
23 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: February 03, 2014, 08:17:25 PM

jkokura

Getting a Tele body done up. It'll be Semi Hollow, Mahogany body, Maple Top. Sprayed in Nitro, and no pickguard.

I want a good translucent finish, but I'm not sure if I want a Blue Burst or the Tobacco Burst. Blue is so striking, and I think I prefer it, but my wife likes the more traditional look of the tobacco burst.

What would you pick?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

icecycle66

Cortexturizer

Voted for the blue burst, although if you're having a maple neck then I might change my vote, but probably not, blue burst is awesome. We have too much toned down guitars in the world. It's time for striking guitars with in your face finishes to have a magnificent comeback!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

Voted tobacco, stick a cocobolo neck in there and you'll have a beautifull piece of gear
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GermanCdn

What?  No Ibanez 1987 nuclear lime green option?  Co'mon, you're killing me here.... :P

I'd go honeyburst, but since that's not an option, I'd go blue, as you're more likely to get what you want.  Tobacco bursts can come out a little too dark or wash out.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

AntKnee

I like the blue, but its the kind of color that would get old to me after a while. I voted for the tobacco.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Droogie

Blue burst is sweet! Where are you getting the body made—want to do a very similar build soon.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

selfdestroyer

catfud

My gut says tobacco. But I already have a blue guitar, and no tobacco sunburst guitar, so that may have something to do with it.

davent

Tobacco, i have an adverse reaction to blues.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Ettore_M

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 31, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
Voted for the blue burst, although if you're having a maple neck then I might change my vote, but probably not, blue burst is awesome. We have too much toned down guitars in the world. It's time for striking guitars with in your face finishes to have a magnificent comeback!
Exactly that! I thought the exact same thing before I read your reply!

Indeed, if you use a maple fingerboard go for the tobacco. If it's a rosewood one, go for the blue!

I vote for blue either way!  ;D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

billstein

Quote from: AntKnee on January 31, 2014, 08:50:21 PM
I like the blue, but its the kind of color that would get old to me after a while. I voted for the tobacco.

I feel the same way. What is the lasting power of the blue? So I also voted for the tabacco. A classic that never gets old.

mattc

Whatever make the wife happiest  ;)

pickdropper

I like both.  Which one doesn't look like a guitar you already own?  If neither do, the choice is harder.

I just got a tobacco burst and it looks fantastic (to me).  But I am always a sucker for blue burst and you don't see them as often.

There's no bad choice here.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper