News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How often do you build?

Started by AntKnee, January 31, 2014, 12:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

So how often do you build? I've only been doing this for a month. Finished 3 pedals and rehoused one. I have two more on the way to build and I am already thinking about the next ones. Tell me I'm not the only one that wants to be either building or playing with pedals all the time! I know some of you guys are hardcore!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

billstein

I go in and out. Build like a madman then burn out a bit, rest, then build like a madman again.

GermanCdn

Three hours a night five days a week
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

gtr2

to much time to calculate is spent on pedal related things  8)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

stevie1556

Generally 1-2a week.

Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a pedal building addict.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

selfdestroyer

According to my wife "Always" but in reality, 3 or 4 times a week. I am very lucky to have a wife that supports my hobbies just as much as I support hers. Sometimes I build in the house at the dining room table while the wife is 6 feet away working on some knitting or her blog and we count that as time spent together since we are both conversing and bouncing ideas off each other. So I get away with a lot.

Cody

jimilee

Couple times a week sometimes then not at all for a few weeks depending on family and time restrictions. It's not always soldering either, Sometimes it's just artwork or drilling, or spending time with yous guys,
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

Man, I don't build nearly as often as these guys. I'm lucky if I average one a month! I'm here on the forum daily, though.

lars

Build? I thought all we do is trouble-shoot, trouble-shoot, trouble-shoot. Oh, I finally got it to work....what day is it?

muddyfox

I used to build quite a lot, probably one a week. Then life clamped down on me pretty hard and I'm lucky if I can get away with on a month. Nowadays I have to build in the completely inappropriate hours of the AM so the mistakes also pile up.

chromesphere

Quote from: muddyfox on January 31, 2014, 06:49:24 AM

I used to build quite a lot, probably one a week. Then life clamped down on me pretty hard and I'm lucky if I can get away with on a month. Nowadays I have to build in the completely inappropriate hours of the AM so the mistakes also pile up.

^ This.  Im kind of limited to fabbed boards at the moment because the are so much faster then etching.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

raulduke

Couple of nights a week for me I guess.

Go through phases with it though.

juansolo

Currently 5 days a week, approx 5 hrs a day. More if it calls for it, less if I'm being idle.

Edit: Cleggy has quite correctly reminded me that at least an hour and a half of that time is spent in the pub... *blushes*
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Cortexturizer

Quote from: lincolnic on January 31, 2014, 05:47:38 AM
Man, I don't build nearly as often as these guys. I'm lucky if I average one a month! I'm here on the forum daily, though.
This
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

It depends on what I'm doing. Last year, I built a lot fewer pedals than the year before, but I think it's because I spent more time on the breadboard and doing layouts ... plus fixing or upgrading some of my older builds.

Right now I'm probably averaging two builds a month, perhaps half of which are for me.