News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Possibly interesting Coursera offering

Started by RobA, January 29, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Cool! I'm glad some others here are going to do this. I'm signing up for it too. I may not be able to finish it either because I may not have the time to keep up, but I'm going to give it a try.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

bcalla

selfdestroyer

Same here, signed up. Most of it will probably be over my head.

Stomptown

This is exactly the type of class I've been looking for! Can't wait!

lincolnic

I signed up yesterday, but forgot to say anything until I saw this thread again.

derevaun

Funny, I had a student ask me to award credit in this course as an independent study. My college hasn't sorted out a way to ethically do that, but I want to take the course for my own benefit. There was a related course in Processing that looked interesting too.

FWIW, there are usually Coursera offerings in math that might help with this course--but the description seems a broad enough survey that you could googlecheat your way through the hard parts. The stakes are low, especially compared to the benefits.

sonarchotic

I'm signed up as well. My math skills are pretty sad but I've started using these online classes to bring them back up to speed. http://www.khanacademy.org/
Free as well.

sonarchotic

madbean

I'll start a little forum sub-section for the course. We can have discussions on the material, pose questions, etc. I would not worry too much about any maths. While I've forgotten probably 90% of whatever I learned earning my college math degree, I can at least point anyone in the right direction when it comes to problem solving. I'm sure there are a few others here that can help in that regard...this is a pretty smarty pants group (in a good way).

Shrtyska9

Well I'm in.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Richard

TNblueshawk

Hmmm...trigonometry  :o  I took one class in high scool in trig and while taking the final I had a collapsed lung and ended up in the hospital for 5 days with a chest tube. Sh$t sign me up  ;D I'm in.
John

micromegas

Do you think there will be a problem if I skip the first week or if I could see the videos later? I finish my exams on Feb 7th...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io