News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bias - the App

Started by jubal81, January 27, 2014, 05:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

This might be what forces me to get an iRig or some other interface. It's an amp emulator in which you can change out all the components in your amp and set bias, mix & match tone stacks, etc ...

Anyone got a favorite for iPad interface hardware?

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

raulduke

Looks interesting.

There are some cool apps coming out (Korgs Gadget is amazing if you are a synth nerd).

I've got one of the IK Multimedia iRig thingies. It's nice and small and does the job.

Willybomb

The iRigs are pretty cheap off ebay (although I can't remember what I paid for mine).  If you have an iPad it's worth getting one just to find out if you'll like it enough to use it...

AllenM

I have been using the Line 6 Sonic Port. I like it because of all the i/os it has plus you can use the free Mobile POD app to get you some starter amps and effects.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/line-6-sonic-port

AllenM

RobA

I'm not sure about this with the lighting connector based iPads, but I think it works. With the older dock connector, you could use the camera connection kit to hook up any USB class compliant interface.

As a general thing, you are better off going into the iPad through the digital connector instead of one that uses the audio jack. The audio jack isn't bad, but you can do better with an external AD/DA through the dock connectors. The Apogee stuff gets generally good reviews from what I've seen.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).