News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JamPlug - All-in-one solution for band rehearsals!

Started by Ettore_M, January 25, 2014, 06:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

I present to you the JamPlug! (You'll see where it's going if you already know the JamHub  ;D )

It's an all-in-one and complete solution for band rehearsals!
10 mono instrument inputs with seperate volumes, a mixer, a headphone amp, buffer for each headphone output and finally 6 stereo (not true) headphone outputs!  8)

This was a work in progress as it started in modular form last year for use with my band, and it took this form the last months. It was working all this time, but I finished it (finish finish! :P ) this week.

Yeah I know! It's a absolute spaghetti in there! But I couldn't do it any other way!  :-\ Awesome amount of off-board wiring. These are 16 pots and 16 jacks!  :o

Nevertheless, I'm truly proud for this one as it was really difficult to build and debug. Lots of problems with this one!

BUT! It works like a champ. Really clean sound with really low tone sucking (if any! )! I'm really proud of this one! Like really!  ;D

Hope you like it guys!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Gledison

woooow! yes, you should be proud! that is a nice work man!
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

selfdestroyer

Ettore_M

Thank you guys!  ;D I knew you'll like it!

We just needed a way to do silent (as much as possible) rehearsals, the drummer already had electronic drums and we had an empty apartment, so I had to think of a way. Mixer is the JD Sleep's Mini Mixer, headphone amp is the TDA2050's datasheet single-supply schematic and the buffer board is a one input- 6 output buffer with seperate buffer for each output.  ;)

Works really great and I feel that it's a great solution for bands that want to do rehearsals at home. However, one could buy an  big expensive brand mixer and headphone amplifiers. but we didn't have the money.

I know some of you guys do rehearsals in studios, but with 10 Euros the hour (the cheapest one around), it seemed impossible for us to do 3-hour rehearsals twice a week. Too much money for 20-year-olds.

Hector

" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

zaboomafoo1984

Hi, excuse me for my english.. Its excelent, do you have the pcb or circuit of this Jamplug that you did, thanks, in my country its impossible to buy the original, thanks a lot

cooder

Very cool and well executed! Awesome and happy jamming with your mates ahead at any time of day or night! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Quote from: cooder on February 25, 2015, 07:40:53 AM
Very cool and well executed! Awesome and happy jamming with your mates ahead at any time of day or night! 8)

I am sure they had a great time, over a year ago. lol

sorry man, had to joke. I love resurrected threads. They fool the best of us.

Cody

cooder

Good one.... I certainly missed that a year ago... ;D
BigNoise Amplification

teknoman2

Really great idea and nice build my friend Hector.
Keep up mate  ;)

Ettore_M

Yes guys! We did have fun and we did spend a lot less money for rehearsals! I stopped playing with that band, but I sold it to them and it still serves them right until now.  :) It's a great solution for guys like us, who don't have money for studio rehearsals, but do have electronic drum sets. :P

I haven't designed a PCB, but the whole thing is made up from three different circuits:
1) GGG's Mini Mixer with 10 inputs (or whatever number of inputs you need :P ), leading to
2) A TDA2050 amplifier circuit (like the single supply one in the datasheet), to
3) A simple Splitter/Buffer for 1 input / 6 outputs.

It's quite simple. If I made this thing, anyone can make it. :D

Hector

- Culturejam

thesameage

Love it... would really like to make one someday.

studiodunn

Ettore_M

Thank you guys!  ;D

Is there any interest in you, making this? Do you want me to post schematics and maybe PCB (if I find the time - I'm a working man now!  :P ) for this? If so, tell me so and I'll make a thread in Member Projects and Tutorials section. And maybe together, we can make it even better!

Hector
- Culturejam

287m

Quote from: Ettore_M on February 26, 2015, 09:34:14 PM
Thank you guys!  ;D

Is there any interest in you, making this? Do you want me to post schematics and maybe PCB (if I find the time - I'm a working man now!  :P ) for this? If so, tell me so and I'll make a thread in Member Projects and Tutorials section. And maybe together, we can make it even better!

Hector

+1 Sir!