News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any Canadians ever order DHL from tayda?

Started by danwelsh, January 23, 2014, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys....anyone order DHL from tayda and is it much faster than the cheap shipping?

ddog

I bought $40 worth of components. Paid $16 for express shipping. It arrived 4 days later, but I also had to pay a $23 fee on top of my earlier payment.

So $40 of components for $40 shipping. It's only worth it if you really need the parts or if you have a huge order. Personally Im sticking with the 2-3 week slow ass shipping next time

danwelsh

Quote from: ddog on January 23, 2014, 06:41:26 AM
I bought $40 worth of components. Paid $16 for express shipping. It arrived 4 days later, but I also had to pay a $23 fee on top of my earlier payment.

So $40 of components for $40 shipping. It's only worth it if you really need the parts or if you have a huge order. Personally Im sticking with the 2-3 week slow ass shipping next time

Yeah I read about extra fees thru a Google search about DHL after the fact.....I wonder why there's no extra fees with the slow shipping? I think next time it'll be the slow way for me as well

GermanCdn

DHL acts as your default customs broker, so they charge you for that service, plus GST.  If it goes through Canada Post, there's no brokerage fees, and typically Tayda undervalues the shipments so GST doesn't apply (<$50 declared is tax and duty free).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

danwelsh

ahh. okay that makes sense Curtis....at least I won't wait 6 weeks for my order this time.

Jean-Rock

I calculate it for a 40$ order and even with the 16$ shipping rate and the 26$ custom fees.
.. I'm still saving about 60$ compare to get stuff from the US....I'm also from Canada.
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

danwelsh

Quote from: jonnyrockgear on January 24, 2014, 01:04:57 AM
I calculate it for a 40$ order and even with the 16$ shipping rate and the 26$ custom fees.
.. I'm still saving about 60$ compare to get stuff from the US....I'm also from Canada.

well that doesn't make it sound too bad then at all....my DHL fee was 23$ so idk how much customs fees they'll nail me with, but I do gotta say using DHL tracking.....they seem to be fast and you can set it to notify by SMS as the package moves from point to point

davent

10 Hammond 1590b's from Digikey $69.05cdn + $8cdn shipping + Gst. Trackable and here to Canada in your hands in less then 24hrs.

10 no name 1590b's from Tayda $59.90us + DHL Express shipping $38us + Brokerage $20, $30, $40? Trackable and here when?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

danwelsh

Quote from: davent on January 24, 2014, 03:21:45 AM
10 Hammond 1590b's from Digikey $69.05cdn + $8cdn shipping + Gst. Trackable and here to Canada in your hands in less then 24hrs.

10 no name 1590b's from Tayda $59.90us + DHL Express shipping $38us + Brokerage $20, $30, $40? Trackable and here when?

dave

That's nice to know...thanks

jkokura

I always forget about how awesome Digikey is. I need to order from there more. If only their website wasn't so crap.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals