News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My streak is broken. Who holds the iron gut title now?

Started by playpunk, January 23, 2014, 03:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

I threw up tonight for the first time in 17 years. It was not cool.

Anybody else with a similar streak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

jimilee

I don't....I mean...wow...how can.....I once had sex every single day of spring break when I was 16, and not by myself either. 8)
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

I got Norwalk Virus a few years ago. That was terrrrrible. Never threw up like that in all my life.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GermanCdn

Pretty sure I made it from 22 to 34 without yakking, all to be undone by some Walmart Chinese food.  Haven't gaffed since then (three years) which is pretty impressive considering I spent two of those years bouncing around the world.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

culturejam

Are we talking barfing from alcohol consumption or from uncontrollable things like sickness?  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

chromesphere

I got food poisoning on 2 day of our holidays a few months ago and was chucking up for 2 days.  Great start to a tropical holiday...

So that's like...2 months for me :|
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

juansolo

I'm too old these days to follow uncounted (barely able to see by this point let alone count) pints of Peroni with a donner kebab (the fact I ordered a donner says all you need to know about the state I was in). As I found out last time I was out with the peeps from work. First time for many, many years that I've vommed so comprehensibly from self-inflicted idiocy.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

whitebread47

My friends use to call me iron gut for this reason, so naturally this thread is relevant to me.  The last time I can remember throwing up was in 7th grade when I caught the flu.

I don't drink anymore, but I never vomited from it that I am aware of.  That point where most people purge and feel better, I wouldn't, which led me to blackout, so I guess there's really no way of knowing.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

playpunk

The rest of my family pukes all the time, so I thought I would escape. Nope. It was like something was alive and angry in my belly. I feel much better now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

raulduke

Nice barf thread  ;D!

Last time from the booze was after a wedding last year (back at the hotel mind). A heady mix of lager, red wine, brandy, white wine, G+T's, and finally (and most embarassingly) baileys. It was bad times.

Last time from proper (sympathetic) causes was on a flight to Istanbul a few years back. I felt like I was going to die.

My now Mother in Law decided it was a good idea to come and see us the day before we left... what she didn't mention was that she was recovering from a highly infectious vomiting bug :o >:(

atreidesheir

I teach children.  I get 24 hr stomach ailments every year or so.  So not really an iron gut.  I only vomited from alcohol once.  so there is that.  14 vodkas.  I guess that is over my limit.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pryde

I rawlked huge 2 weeks ago from a bug I caught from my wife. Absolutely awful feeling and my stomach muscles were pulled from contracting so hard. First time since being a drunken teenager over 20 years ago.

Micpoc

I had food poisoning a couple of years back from an otherwise completely enjoyable batch of Shrimp Creole.  It had been nearly 15 years since the previous time.

From alcohol, well... back in the 80s I once drank three wine glasses of Jägermeister in about 90 minutes... that was BAD  :-[

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on January 23, 2014, 03:13:47 AM
Pretty sure I made it from 22 to 34 without yakking, all to be undone by some Walmart Chinese food.  Haven't gaffed since then (three years) which is pretty impressive considering I spent two of those years bouncing around the world.

I think the name of my next band is going to be "Walmart Chinese Food."

Or maybe not.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper