News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Premier guitar Bill Finnegan article

Started by Jmilla, January 21, 2014, 02:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Im off to ebay to buy out all the NOS card tables before everyone else does.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Jabulani Jonny

They won't have the magical legs though. It'll never stand like the "real" table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

chromesphere

chromesphere

I think the madbean forum has started its first meme

GrindCustoms

I trolled my facebook page yesterday with the card table tone... got some weird PM's from people asking me what it was all about, if something they had'nt heard about yet...

Simply replied, It's the new hype! hahahaha

So much fun with those Klon threads... ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

rullywowr

I heard that Bill designed the spec for the card table and then hired a team to actually procure it.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jkokura

Guys, you don't even need a stupid card table! For frank's sake, it's like $10,000 when all you need is like $20 in parts from your local hardware store to build one of this freaking things. Don't even tell me about how the stinking green felt of Bill's originals isn't the same as the stuff from the michaels locally, just shut the front door already.

No seriously, a buddy of mine put my 2x4 and plywood table up beside an actual, hand made by Bill Card Table, and they're identical in every way except in the way they look. They allow you to play cards and hold up your drinks and everything that's important about Card Tables. We did a blind test, and everyone lost just as much money and drank just as much at my card table as compared to when we used Bills.

Wish I shot a video. My buddy has since sold his real Card Table for like 60 grand or something stupid  on Craigslist. Nobody's gonna believe mine's just as good without that video.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

chromesphere

Yeah I know what your saying Jacob...I just don't get it...the beer tasted so much better on Bills card table then the one that I built...

jkokura

You guys and your golden taste buds. Bet it wasn't a quadruple blind test. It just tasted better because you wanted it to taste better probably.

I guess you have to justify your 10 grand somehow.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

Holy crap guys!

I just finally got all this goop off the card table my sisters, boyfriends, brothers best friend got from Bill and I traced it for you guys.

Please keep my name out of the media when sharing this sensitive information.

rullywowr

I heard he used special screws though that are out of production.  Will my clone table have the same vibe if I just use common metric screws with the same thread pitch?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

Sadly, I cannot find a reliable manufacturer for the 37/15th double threaded locking screws I need for my card table. Therefore I will redoing mine. I guess you could say it is a Card Table Redone.

billstein

Quote from: rullywowr on January 24, 2014, 01:51:39 AM
I heard he used special screws though that are out of production.  Will my clone table have the same vibe if I just use common metric screws with the same thread pitch?

No

danwelsh

Quote from: madbean on January 24, 2014, 03:32:13 AM
Sadly, I cannot find a reliable manufacturer for the 37/15th double threaded locking screws I need for my card table. Therefore I will redoing mine. I guess you could say it is a Card Table Redone.

Those 37/15th were outta production decades ago.....sorry :)

Clayford

Quote from: chromesphere on January 24, 2014, 12:25:11 AM
Im sorry but you guys started it:

http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=122

I know you say you're not making those anymore, but I HAVE to have one. I'd be willing to pay 2-3x the normal cost if you'd just make me one. I won't tell anyone where I got it.
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded