News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I had a great laugh today!

Started by Ettore_M, January 20, 2014, 04:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

I don't know if anyone else has seen something like it and posted it here, but this is what happened to me today!  ;)

So, I like polishing the boxes on which I build my pedals.
Today, when I got back home from the university, I started polishing a 125B enclosure, which I got from Tayda.

And that's what I found in it when I looked more closely!  :o

No! This is not a joke! This is really a 125B box! I'm not kidding!  ;D
Enjoy!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

haveyouseenhim

I noticed it too. I got a 125B from BLMS and it is marked 1590NL
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

DutchMF

Well, the 1590N1 from Hammond is very, very close in dimensions to a 125B (checkout the datasheet/drawing at the Hammond website http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1590N1.pdf) so maybe you got a bit more than what you paid for (genuine Hammond box!!). The 1590A marking is obviously a major mess-up at the factory, somebody must have been drinking a lot befor they prepared a batch of moulds  ;D I can imagine you had a laugh Hector!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

haveyouseenhim

It was marked NL not N1.  I did get a 1590BB that was marked 1590A once.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

DutchMF

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on January 20, 2014, 07:22:12 PM
It was marked NL not N1.  I did get a 1590BB that was marked 1590A once.

Sorry, must have misread! Anyway, I think it's funny that they mess up the whole process some times, those are pretty expensive mistakes!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

rullywowr

Now you can tell everyone you fit (insert circuit here) in a 1590a with room to spare!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jimilee

Quote from: rullywowr on January 20, 2014, 07:53:16 PM
Now you can tell everyone you fit (insert circuit here) in a 1590a with room to spare!
Well... unless it's here that you're bragging, everyone else will just look at you ( you, me, all of us) with that funny head cocked sideways way your ( your, my, us) dog does when he thinks you're (me ,you ,all of us) is an idiot. I get it from my wife a lot.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

Quote from: jimilee on January 20, 2014, 07:57:03 PM
Quote from: rullywowr on January 20, 2014, 07:53:16 PM
Well... unless it's here that you're bragging, everyone else will just look at you ( you, me, all of us) with that funny head cocked sideways way your ( your, my, us) dog does when he thinks you're (me ,you ,all of us) is an idiot. I get it from my wife a lot.

I know that look all too well!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!