News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Voodoo Vibe (Harbinger)

Started by bcalla, January 19, 2014, 06:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I finally got back to work on some pedal projects after about 6 weeks.  First one finished - I actually started this one in September - was my Harbinger One.  The only mod is a toggle to select for 9v or 18v, with center off.  Also, this is my 2nd attempt at finishing with Envirotex and the results are much better than my first.  Thanks to juansolo for turning me on to Malleus artwork, and for his excellent tutorial on Envirotex.

The gutshot -

The side - the Envirotex here is much smoother than the first time I tried it.

jubal81

Beautiful, beautiful work - even bringing the bling on that light shield.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lincolnic

Yeah, the light shield is extra great.

Why have a center off position on your 9V/18V switch?

bcalla

Quote from: jubal81 on January 19, 2014, 10:28:30 PM
Beautiful, beautiful work - even bringing the bling on that light shield.
I swiped the cap off one of my wife's makeup bottles.  It was a semi-transparent charcoal color with the little silver flower.  I painted the inside with some metallic gold spray paint.
Quote from: lincolnic on January 20, 2014, 05:24:36 AM
Why have a center off position on your 9V/18V switch?
I wanted the option to only turn it on when needed.  If I only use it for 1 or 2 songs I can keep it off & save wear & tear on the light bulb.

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Jabulani Jonny

Man that is fantastic!  I need to check out the Harbinger.  Great build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

pickdropper

Really digging this build. 

I am considering the 9V/18V switch for mine.  I just would need to stuff it into a 1590bb.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pedalhealer

Very nice pedal! Can you tell me about Envirotex? I don't know this...  :-\ What's mean, or what kind of technology? Thanks!
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

rullywowr

Quote from: eldzsi on January 20, 2014, 07:17:16 PM
Very nice pedal! Can you tell me about Envirotex? I don't know this...  :-\ What's mean, or what kind of technology? Thanks!

ET is a clear thick epoxy used normally for bar tops and finishing wood. It works great as a clear coat on pedals. Search the forum for it and there are many great examples and a great tutorial by juansolo.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

eldanko

I love everything about this. The control layout, artwork, bulb cover... this is pro dude.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

lincolnic

Quote from: bcalla on January 20, 2014, 12:25:04 PM
I wanted the option to only turn it on when needed.  If I only use it for 1 or 2 songs I can keep it off & save wear & tear on the light bulb.

Ah, that makes a ton of sense. Smart!

pedalhealer

[quote author=rullywowr link=topic=13382.msg123234#msg123234

ET is a clear thick epoxy used normally for bar tops and finishing wood. It works great as a clear coat on pedals. Search the forum for it and there are many great examples and a great tutorial by juansolo.
[/quote]

Thanks! I don't know the Envirotex here in Hungary... but Google is my friend :-)
www.pedalhealer.com

muddyfox

Quote from: eldzsi on January 21, 2014, 07:16:50 AM

Thanks! I don't know the Envirotex here in Hungary... but Google is my friend :-)

If you ever find some (that ship EU-wide) please let me know. Hungary is way closer to me than UK, where I ordered my ET from...

pedalhealer

Quote from: muddyfox on January 21, 2014, 07:26:16 AM
Quote from: eldzsi on January 21, 2014, 07:16:50 AM

If you ever find some (that ship EU-wide) please let me know. Hungary is way closer to me than UK, where I ordered my ET from...

Ok...but I think, I will buy from USA. Or can I get from UK?
www.pedalhealer.com

Cortexturizer

How have I missed to compliment this?
What an awesome work. Keep em coming!
For now, a strategically placed mellow phaser sound gets the job done for me when it comes to distorted vibey work, but I might jump on one of these in the near future.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams