News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Drop in Rat replacement

Started by jimilee, January 18, 2014, 01:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Awesome drop in Effdub Audio Drop in Rat replacement board with the 3 dip switches. For those of you who aren't familiar, 3 of the DIP switch enables/disables the so-called "Ruetz mod". When engaged, the result is a reduction in gain at higher frequencies and an overall "softer" sort of clipping. This mod makes the lower-gain settings of the Rat more overdrive-like and less fuzzy/woolly. Note: For this mod, putting the DIP switch in the in ON position is the stock circuit, and having it off is the Ruetz Mod.
Clipping Diode Mod
1 and 2 on the DIP switch toggles which clipping diodes are active. The LEDs are always connected to the circuit, so with both DIP toggles in the off position, the LEDs are active (Turbo Rat* tone). Putting #2 to the ON position engages the silicon diodes (The Rat*, Rat2* tones), and moving #3 to the ON position engages the Germanium diodes (You Dirty Rat* tone). If both 1 and 2 are ON, Germanium is selected, as it has the lowest forward voltage drop and conducts before the other sets of diodes can turn on.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

I gotta build mine. I just need a rat box.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: jkokura on January 18, 2014, 01:22:16 AM
I gotta build mine. I just need a rat box.

Jacob
Got mine on ebay, filled with rat guts for 50 shipped. Now I gotta sell some rat guts.  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Looks great Jimi, I glad you finally got your hands on a Rat enclosure. Looks great. I have mine populated but not boxed. Great circuit.

dondougie

Looks great! Are those boards still available somewhere? I'd love to build one.

jimilee

CJ designed them, you might reach out to him.