News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer Variable Bass mod

Started by warriorpoet, January 18, 2014, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorpoet

This is an on-pot adaptation of the GuitarPCB MKC1 fat switch.  There were some requests in a build thread, and I think it's probably better if I stick it here rather than clutter up the thread ;)

C1 is the "fat" cap.  I've found 100-120n to be more than enough, but you're more than welcome to experiment!

B100k pot has a little "hump" in the middle, but flat EQ is closer to center.  A100k is smoother tracking, but flat closer to the edges.  Your call.

C6 is the standard value according to the schematic/ BOM.
Mzo.FX, Owner

Matt

Thanks!  Looks like a useful mod, I'll give it a try.
Matt

neve1272

Kip

jfk1063

Hi,
I want to try the basscontour-mod, but don't really understand how to connect it :o.
Are C1 and C6 on the pot the caps from the schematic or extra caps? If they are from the schematic how to use C1? Disconnect it from IC1C10.
I think I am not reading it right. Can someone draw it in the schematic?
Thank you!

murdog47

jfk1063

mandrewbot3k

Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

jfk1063

Bufferz

here is how i understand it - i could be wrong

Its basically blending "C1" and "C6" similar to any other variable capacitor application (parallel capacitors result in a value which is the the sum of the two values - in this instance the sum of those values is variable due to the pot)

I think the confusion arises as the term "C1" is used - which I trust is in no way related to C1 on the kingslayer schem.

affiliations: TFX

jfk1063

Yes!  ;D

Thank you, I will give it a try!

Cheers!

verr76

Hi ...
Can this mod be applied to the Sunking V3? If so, where ?  ???
Hobbyist builder/seller at FPFFX.

sturgeo

I'm having a mind blank, does c6 connect to pin 3 of the pot or pin 1?
Bass to increase as you turn the pot CW

claytushaywood

I'm not getting this... are legs of c1 and c6 lifted off board and connected to pot?

Gui113m

Useful mod but, correct me if I'm wrong, that with a 100k pot there will always be some signal bleed to the other cap even when pot is fully on one side.

So when you have the pot on "stock side" the 100n cap would have some signal thru it.

This can be solved by either replacing the pot with a 500k or lowering the 68n value