News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First vero. Need help.

Started by Stig, January 17, 2014, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig

Hi.
I wanted to start build my first vero. I have only been building madbean, gcfx and byoc. So I set my eyes on this little sucker:

I searched for some off board wiring diagrams and found this:

From what i can see from the vero layout there are no output. Is this correct or a mistake? I have a strong suspicion that it here the error is.
I have connected the output from the off board diagram to the 0v ??? out. What´s the deal with a 0V. Is it just a wire thats suppose to dangle at send no volts? Or is it a ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps.
I tried to throw the images in the post, but could not make it work. Sorry, they are attached.
The vero layout link:
http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.dk/2008/05/wanna-build-timmy-overdrive.html
The off board wiring diagram:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.dk/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

marmaliser

I think the output wire from the Circuit is on Lug 2 of the Volume/level pot

davent

The output is wired to the wiper of the volume pot, C8 is the output cap and it's connected to the top lug of the volume pot, the last lug (1) connects to ground (0v).

Yes 0v is ground on the veroboard.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Stig

Thanks guys.
Will test this out over the weekend.

Hopefully this is the issue with it.

Stig.

CRBMoA

alanp

General rule of thumb is that schematics are correct over layouts. Schematic shows vol 2 :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Stig

Hey it works! Succes :-)

Well... the drive is like the bass and treble. In reverse.

It also seems as if the bass knob does nothing. There was something about this on the revolution deux site where I got the layout.

But it does sound really, really good in spite.

Also alanp when I look at schematics it reminds me of math and my brain backfires and I completely shut down. Math and me are two elements that will never be conjoined.

Thanks for all your help.

muddyfox

Quote from: Stig on January 18, 2014, 11:15:55 AM

Well... the drive is like the bass and treble. In reverse.

Obviously you haven't gotten used to the pots numbering scheme and all your pots are wired in reverse.
Here's the mostly-agreed-upon convention:

Stig

Yeah, I know the 3-2-1 order when seen from the back of the pot.

I just double checked, they're in the right order.

Stig

So if I swap lug 3 and 1. I should be good to go. Right?

Stig

Btw, the bass and treble are meant to be in reverse. Like the original.

muddyfox

Quote from: Stig on January 18, 2014, 12:06:42 PM
So if I swap lug 3 and 1. I should be good to go. Right?

That's right. If your pot is working "backwards" from whatever it is you need it to be, just swap 1 and 3.

Stig

Cool. Will do.

Thanks for your help.

davent

If they're log pots, (haven't looked) you may not like the response you get with the reversed leads as the useful range of the pot may be all bunched up in a very tiny part of knob rotation. In that case you'd want a reverse audio pot with the swapped outer leads.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

muddyfox

Yeah, true, but if he just flipped the correct pot, he'd get wrong direction AND bunching at the same time. Flipping that would solve both issues. Now if he was designing his own circuit then these concerns wohld come into play more, is what i'm thinking...

sent from my mobile device