News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking Help!!

Started by PhiloB, January 15, 2014, 08:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I desoldered a blown diode (D3) and the solder pad came of on the cathode side.  Looking at the build document, it looks like that pad delivers power to the rest of the circuit.  I soldered the new diode (cathode) directly to the 9v+.  How do I ensure power to the rest of the board with this pad missing?!

Here is a link to the document:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Sunking/docs/Sunking_ver.3.pdf

Govmnt_Lacky

You could solder D3 directly onto your DC jack. (striped side on 9V input, other side to GND) Then, run a seperate GND to the GND pad on the PCB and run a seperate 9V to the leg of R25 or R27 that is AWAY from the 9V PCB input.

Or solder your 9V run directly to IC3 Pin 1 or Pin 8

midwayfair

Did you check with your multimeter? It might still have continuity.

PhiloB

I did Jon.  No V+.  Only at the 9v pad.

PhiloB

So if I jump the 9V to IC3 Pin1 I should be in business?

midwayfair

Quote from: PhiloB on January 15, 2014, 09:12:54 PM
So if I jump the 9V to IC3 Pin1 I should be in business?

Yes. But you might want to solder it to one of the resistors instead. Less chance of damage.

PhiloB

So R25 or R27 as G.Lackey suggested?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: PhiloB on January 15, 2014, 10:40:11 PM
So R25 or R27 as G.Lackey suggested?

Yep! Just make sure to solder the 9V connection on the side of the resistor (R25 OR R27... not both) that is closest to IC3.  ;)

PhiloB

Greatly appreciate it.  I'll let you guys know how I goes.  May be a few days before I get to it.

PhiloB

It works!! Whoever assembled the circuit originally mixed up IC 2 with 3.  I burned up a TC1044SPCA figuring it out but put the old MAX in the right place and now I'm up and running at 17+ volts.  Thanks for all the help!!