News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Very odd kingslayer volume issue!?!?!?!?

Started by Nate77, January 14, 2014, 12:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate77

I just built a kingslayer and as I've had a klon and built more than a few klones, I have a pretty solid idea of what this is supposed to sound like. So I fired this thing up and it sound great. LED is working, bypass (I chose TB for this build), and all 3 pots as well as both mod switches are exactly as should be. The problem is that even when maxed out, I can't reach unity output, much less boost my signal. It is totally audible, but maybe 10% less than the bypassed signal. What the hell could be causing this? The signal is passing as it should through the whole curciut but I'm losing a lot of volume somewhere. Help? I'm working on posting pics, but it'll be a bit. Thanks guys.

midwayfair

Check that you didn't use a 560K instead of 560R for R24.

warriorpoet

^ What he said.  I'm at 8:00 and pushing unity with the gain at ~1/10
Mzo.FX, Owner

Nate77

Hey Jon, I reviewed the scheme and took your advice and replaced the resistor with another (since the bands were askewed on the resistor on the board) and same result. It seems actually as if when I turn the gain down I get 0 volume. Seems to speak of a problem with the clean portion of the dual gang pot. Further inspection tomorrow. Still, any insight isuch appreciated.

aballen

thats odd I get the exact opposite problem with mine... too damn loud!  I've built two and unity is a dream.