News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Le Renard!

Started by GrindCustoms, January 12, 2014, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Foxx Tone Machine Fuzz on vero.

It's the first time that i build one of those, find it to be really nice. I thought i had Wolfshirt board.... but seems like not, gotta get one and make one for myself since this one is going out.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

madbean

I love asymmetrical layouts like this. Great job! Big knobs rule.

DutchMF

I agree, that is a great build, with some nice knobbage!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Haberdasher

really nice wiring rej
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, definitly liking this fuzz and i think i could make some good use of the not so precise octave option, it glitches and nasty up things... Hey! that's my kind of thing! ;D

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Sweet build, and I'm a huge fan of bog knobs!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt.

This time it works.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mjcyates

That's one of the coolest looking pedals I have seen. Something about it really works for me.

selfdestroyer

knob placement and wiring is phenomenal. Looks awesome.

hoodoo

Looks great Rej, i'm liking the way you do your Led's, nice neat bevelled hole, led's protected and looks great. Is there a reason for the bigger wire you used?

lincolnic

This may be my favorite build from you yet, Rej. Everything here is great!

GrindCustoms

Hey, Thanks alot mates... this built is kind of surprising me, i mean it was just another built among others for me, but seems like there something on its own happening with it, feels good to build something like you usually do and that it finally makes its mark out of the lot!

Time to celebrate! Just reached 1300 like on my facebook page! :D Thanks to everyone that also supports me over there, every time one of you like or comment a pic it gives me more reach, rock on!

lml

Rej

Quote from: hoodoo on January 13, 2014, 12:15:34 AM
Looks great Rej, i'm liking the way you do your Led's, nice neat bevelled hole, led's protected and looks great. Is there a reason for the bigger wire you used?

Thanks! The bevel of the LED on this one came out close to perfect, thing is that i first drill a 1/8th hole and then use the big step drill bit and roll it in until if feels ok to me... a totally random operation hehe..

No particular reason for using that noodle wire, it was there on my bench and decided to use it for the fun of it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 13, 2014, 05:47:52 AM
Hey, Thanks alot mates... this built is kind of surprising me, i mean it was just another built among others for me, but seems like there something on its own happening with it, feels good to build something like you usually do and that it finally makes its mark out of the lot!

Time to celebrate! Just reached 1300 like on my facebook page! :D Thanks to everyone that also supports me over there, every time one of you like or comment a pic it gives me more reach, rock on!

lml

Rej

Quote from: hoodoo on January 13, 2014, 12:15:34 AM

Thanks! The bevel of the LED on this one came out close to perfect, thing is that i first drill a 1/8th hole and then use the big step drill bit and roll it in until if feels ok to me... a totally random operation hehe..

No particular reason for using that noodle wire, it was there on my bench and decided to use it for the fun of it.

If you plan on doing a lot of LEDs that way, you may want to get a chamfer bit.  They aren't that expensive.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GrindCustoms

Dave, i have couple of those, but i always bevel the LED while bringing the other pilot holes to the needed side...

I understand that a lot of DIYers are über perfectionnist in their stuff... but in my approach with this stuff, it's the imperfection and unpredicted turn outs that makes stuff perfect, it gives the object a character of it's own.

Probably some residue of the non-conformist punk ass in me. ;)

jkokura

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 13, 2014, 06:52:07 PM
Probably some residue of the non-conformist punk ass in me. ;)

Definitely. ;)

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals