News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

English Professor Deluxe

Started by Guitarmageddon, January 10, 2014, 05:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Here's a custom "English Professor," ROG English Channel & Professor Tweed (Vox Top Boost & Fender Princeton amp emulators) in one box with a custom switching system.

Right hand switch is effect/bypass, left is English/Professor with a bi-color LED and centre is cascade feature that places the two effects (Vox into Fender) in series for some ripping higher gain tones.

Was something of a task to wire. I put this pic on my Facebook page and asked "What is it?" 

My favourite reply was "...a PITA"   ;D

Got Fairchild J201s in the Vox and 2N5457 in the Fender. Took a while to bias everything. Needed to shield the output cable to stop it whistling in high gain mode.

Left hand Led is a 3mm yellow/blue which came from Mammoth. 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

rullywowr

Wow.  That looks great!  I like the etch and the crazy amount of off board wiring but it still is neat and well organized.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Really nice. I bet that combination sounds great.

hoodoo

Looks great, as always Ben, those insides are as neat as they could be with all that's going on in there. Your pedals are instantly recognizable, IMO , very cool, original works of art. :)

jprizz

selfdestroyer

For all the madness that is going on in there, you did a great job on the wiring. Looks so clean inside and out.

Guitarmageddon

Thanks for the kind words!
If anyone's interested, here's the switching:

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on January 10, 2014, 10:47:30 PM
Thanks for the kind words!
If anyone's interested, here's the switching:

Very cool. Thanks for the share.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.