News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pots - where to source?

Started by Willybomb, January 08, 2014, 11:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all.  Just wondering where people get their pots from.  I can't seem to find a source that has consistent length shafts - I just seem to get a hodgepodge every tine I place an order.

And where to do people get those minis that get put in the 1590a pedals?  Might start using them as a standard.

hoodoo

Willy bomb, you're an Aussie aren't you? Tayda is your friend, under 2 weeks from ordering to Oz, or 3 days if you pay the extra postage, and they are the cheapest pots you'll find, as well as most other stuff we use, good luck, Matt.

Gledison

Quote from: hoodoo on January 08, 2014, 12:08:18 PM
Willy bomb, you're an Aussie aren't you? Tayda is your friend, under 2 weeks from ordering to Oz, or 3 days if you pay the extra postage, and they are the cheapest pots you'll find, as well as most other stuff we use, good luck, Matt.
+1!!
and they come with nice plastic cover to protect the back part against any contact :)
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

DutchMF

Quote from: Gledison on January 08, 2014, 12:57:44 PM
+1!!
and they come with nice plastic cover to protect the back part against any contact :)

Wait a second, are the covers included when you order pots from Tayda?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Gledison

Quote from: DutchMF on January 08, 2014, 05:06:41 PM
Quote from: Gledison on January 08, 2014, 12:57:44 PM
+1!!

Wait a second, are the covers included when you order pots from Tayda?

Paul
Hey Paul! Yes, they all came wjith the caps! Is it that not standard? Normally im not that lucky!😛
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

DutchMF

I don't know, never ordered pots from Tayda. But if it is standard, I'll do it the next time I need me some!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

rullywowr

In my recent Tayda experience, the pot covers come with the regular solder lug pots.  On my last two orders for right angle PCB pots, the covers were not included.  :(  I am going to ask Tayda if they can start including them or even sell them alone.

Smallbear (in the US) has pot covers for $0.07 each when you buy 100 qty.  So $7.00 for 100.  I am going to get some one way or another because its frustrating not having covers for all my pots, they are just so convenient!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

m-Kresol

I get almost all of my parts (except for resistors) from musikding.de. They are located in Germany, so maybe not your choice if you are indeed from Australia. Unfortunately, their pots come without cover.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

davent

I won't use the splined shafts in builds unless there is an appropriate knob i want to use (very rare those) and have had to pry the covers off to make room in tight builds so for me Small Bear's offerings are best, smooth, correct length shafts, no covers, and correct length threaded bushings for the usual enclosure suspects... plus a huge selection of values. Haven't tried any of the other NA pedal parts suppliers.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jkokura

Pretty much anywhere you get them in North America are going to be identical, 16mm Alpha pots. I'm tired of the elephant, so I'm sticking to Smallbear or PPP from now on.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

icecycle66

Willybomb

Thanks guys.  Might go and check tayda out, maybe replace most of these pots I have lying around for some projects I have here waiting to be boxed.

juansolo

Tayda for capped Alpha pots. It's one of the few things they do that hasn't turned to shit lately.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk