News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fox Pedals?

Started by chip46, January 07, 2014, 04:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chip46

I did a search and didn't see anything about this.

I saw a pedal posted on tumblr and immediately recognized the layout as the Multiplex Echo from 1776 Effects. Looking at some of his other pedals, the Kingdom looked very similar to the Kingslayer. Just wanted to throw this up here in case something was amiss. I'm all about supporting the DIY community, but if this guy is buying up PCB's from Madbean and 1776 and selling them off as his own work, then that's not so cool. I didn't look through any of the other pedals yet.

http://foxpedal.com/

Again, hopefully I just missed something and this guy has the OK or something, but just wanted to be sure.

selfdestroyer

His modulated reverb sounds nice. I agree that it has to be a 1776 board in there. Maybe its a small run from this company? I saw some more pictures of his on Instagram.

neve1272

wow slick looking site ....no acknowledgement in the FAQ of the design maybe is josh?
Kip

LaceSensor

Doesn't imply small run but Made to order
The pedals clearly use pcbs of our friends here.

midwayfair

The Kingslayer is approved for small quantities of commercial builds.

The Multiplex, however, is not. Paging Josh ...

Govmnt_Lacky

Yep... Doesnt get any more blatent than that!  ::)

At least re-name the controls for heaven's sake! Depth 1, Depth 2, Mix, RE-201, Binson, etc.......

LaceSensor

I cant hate the guy too much as he played Bon Iver for the demo video  :P

playpunk

I think I am going to start giving pedals crazy annoying christianese names and sell them on P & W boards only. Maybe "Archangel Fire-Fart" Drive, or "Empty Tomb" reverb.

Although I don't think it gets any worse than "The Coming Messiah" Drive. Gosh. These are guitar noise-making devices, not exactly the most important things in the universe.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

culturejam

Quote from: playpunk on January 07, 2014, 03:14:09 PM
I think I am going to start giving pedals crazy annoying christianese names and sell them on P & W boards only. Maybe "Archangel Fire-Fart" Drive, or "Empty Tomb" reverb.

I actually seriously considered launching a P&W pedal company just because it seems like a sizeable (albeit niche) market that is not really being catered to at the level it could be. But, that would be extremely disingenuous of me and would surely net me a lot of bad karma.  ;)

Plus, I'm pretty sure the P&W guys would *feel* the satan in me, in over the internet.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

playpunk

There are brands of choice in P & W circles. JHS, Strymon, and Emerson are the three that jump out the most. Walrus gets love too.

Basically there are a few guitarists that are widely copied, and those guys are the tastemakers. It seems like the under 25 crowd is the most gullible.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Govmnt_Lacky

OK... I give up...

P&W?? No idea  :-[

marmaliser

culturejam

Praise & Worship

It's, like, this whole genre of music, apparently. If you want a taste of the most well-known stereotype of the genre, check out "Hillsong United" on YouTube.

If you're into dotted-8th delay all over the place, you'll love it!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Peteyboy

The video of "the wave" just makes me want to build a multiplex/rub-a-dub combo even more.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Peteyboy on January 07, 2014, 04:29:36 PM
The video of "the wave" just makes me want to build a multiplex/rub-a-dub combo even more.

It makes sense. The rub a dub works perfectly with it. And if you add a delay kill like I did on two I made, you can get just reverb.
Of course you could use a bigger box and make it independantly footswitchable.