News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Custom Bent Metal Enclosures

Started by pickdropper, January 05, 2014, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuGG

I've been wanting to do an All-in-One analog multieffects thing for myself lately as well, finding the right enclosure it what's holding me up.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread (and a lookout for candidates).

pickdropper

Quote from: pryde on January 06, 2014, 04:38:42 PM
Jeez sounds like a nightmare but in a good kinda way for us lunatics. I would be charging some serious bones for that monster also. ~$200 or per each effect, enclosure, labeling, massive wiring =$2000+ ???

Well, I am sort of doing it as a favor for a long-time customer at the local shop.  Since it's going through the shop, they are putting their markup on it (as it should be).  The end cost to the customer will certainly be over $2k, which is why I need to find a nice box for it.

It's also going to have a PP2+ PS in it.  We had talked about doing a custom supply with isolated taps for it, but decided to go with an off-the-shelf solution to save money, which I actually prefer because it doesn't expose me to any liability (which a custom supply could have) and it is one less thing to eat up my time.

With previous multi-builds, I've put a heavy emphasis on aesthetics. (Like in the Andromeda).  I'll have less flexibility with this one , so it is going to have to be function first.

I am not totally looking forward to it, but it should be a fun learning lesson.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Oh , and definitely a big thanks to everybody for sharing their thoughts about box options.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

Again no idea whether what he does would be heavy enough for stomping. (He popped up at The Amp Garage  a few years ago.)

http://www.seasidechassisdesign.com/Home_Page.php

And a current thread at ax84 pointed to this guy, no idea if he custom produces or even sells blanks but maybe he would have a lead.

http://www.hazelytubeamp.com/chassis.php

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?