News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DoppelGanger 2.1

Started by LaceSensor, January 04, 2014, 12:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi

Thanks to AlanP for working up this layout on my behalf.
There may possibly be PCBs available at some point I need to work that out.
For now there are a couple of the precursors in the BST section.

Here is what you can build with them:

The pedal features all the good stuff of the big box clone that I put out there (v4 updates like slow, square, direct out) and the pedal controls.

Happy new year

Ian

jprizz

Nicely executed! That is very tidy looking too on the inside considering all that is going on in there.
-Josh

lincolnic

I'm with Josh - super neat wiring for such a complex build. Nice one.

Cortexturizer

That's phenomenal, that build, btw, has come up the ladder for me, I'm gonna do a couple and it's this baby's turn than! Expect some major questions from me in the future Lace haha
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

fendman

Looks great Ian..I take it you had no clock noise issues with this build.  As one of the few who has built your big box clone, I would certainly like to build this one.
Great work
Mike

LaceSensor

Quote from: fendman on January 05, 2014, 11:32:28 AM
Looks great Ian..I take it you had no clock noise issues with this build.  As one of the few who has built your big box clone, I would certainly like to build this one.
Great work
Mike

Hi

There is no clock noise with this one - well, LFO tick of course, semantics aside
I specifically requested that the audio and CV portions of the circuit be kept separate as per the original layout, albeit then shrunk down etc and various other requests to keep it faithful to the original but in a more pedalboard friendly package.

As per my big box project Ive used the same LED/LDR combo here, along with the B2k span controls. Gives a tiny bit more travel at the end of the pot for some more pronounced "wah-y" phase tones, but otherwise its indistinguishable from my v4 vintage original.

There are a couple of PCBs left over from testing, they are in the BST.
First come first served as usual

Ian

juansolo

Most impressive

• Looks like a plan to me   8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

soggybag

I just started building two of these. I need to get some pots. I can find the 9mm PCB type, but only in B1K. The build notes suggest a 2K pot gets more out of the two span controls. Does anyone know a source for these pots in 2K?

soggybag

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a recommendation for switches? These will need to be the height of the pots.

muddyfox

I didn't find it to be a problem, really. Got some short lever spdts from BLMS.

soggybag

Great, thanks again. I have a bunch of switches. I'll test these out when I get the pots and see if they fit. I got everything soldered up, just waiting on pots.