News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Mods...deeper, wetter, for bass

Started by rude, January 02, 2014, 09:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rude

I am building a few pork barrels. Someone requested that I make one suited for bass. There are a few things I want to try with these boards.

1. The LFO mod, I like the greater depth but with the LFO indicator I've found that the sound is a bit choppy...I'm not sure how to describe it but it's not as smooth as without the LFO indicator. So I just omitted R39 and I have the depth without the choppiness. I also tried putting a 22k resistor in R39...similar effect to omitting the resistor. Any recommendations for getting a deeper, smooth chorus...omitting R39, replacing it with a larger resistor value?

2. I took a look at the tone pad mods. I want to do the wet bass mod but I don't want to add a switch. I want it to be wet all the time the pedal is engaged. The mod shows two capacitors in parallel. With a switch in series with one of the capacitors. I thought I could just add the value of the capacitors and the sum would be the value capacitor I want...but that would give me a .033 uF capacitor which is what the tonepad build guide calls for...so that can't be right. Anyone know how to hardwire the tonepad wet bass mod without the switch?

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=101

Clayford

Two caps and a switch make the mod - .012µf (12nf) and a .022µf (22nf). If the switch is closed the .022µf cap is added in parallel to the .012 for a total .033µf (the stock value)
Since you want wet bass always on - you just want the .012µf cap, and I suggest you socket it.   
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

rude

Quote from: Clayford on January 23, 2014, 11:55:45 PM
Two caps and a switch make the mod - .012µf (12nf) and a .022µf (22nf). If the switch is closed the .022µf cap is added in parallel to the .012 for a total .033µf (the stock value)
Since you want wet bass always on - you just want the .012µf cap, and I suggest you socket it.

Sorry for the ridiculously late reply, but thanks a whole bunch Clay. It worked out great!

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded