News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

True bypass mod on 535q wah???

Started by Nate77, January 01, 2014, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate77

I'm sure this has been handled a dozen or more times before but I can't seem to find any info on this oddly enough. I've done a ton off d's on the GCB wahs (vocal mod, LED mod, true bypass sweep range, etc) but I'm having a hard time finding what I need. Anyone have the info or a link?

gtr2

I'm pretty sure the 535Q is true bypass.  I used to own one, sold it, but I'm fairly certain it was.  It used a DPDT, as it didn't have any led indicator.  You'd need to make it a 3PDT if you want LED indication.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Nate77

No, it's described as "almost hardwired true bypass". I believe the two pull down resistors are in series with the jacks but not totally sure. I've heard the new ones may be true bypass but mine is a tone crusher. The dpdt is tricky but not used correctly for true bypass. Info in elusive. Thanks though Josh.

gtr2

They wouldn't be in series with the jacks if they are pull down resistors.

Speculation, but It sounds like the resistors are on the in and out jacks to ground, before and after the DPDT.  Just figure out what they are and pull them.  Then place them on the in and out of the pcb to eliminate popping and wire up the DPDT like you would a true bypass without an LED.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer