News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FDNGD (Finally done new guitar day)

Started by selfdestroyer, January 01, 2014, 08:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I say "finally done" because its been sitting in the corner in pieces for almost a month waiting on parts. I bought a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar in lovely surf green. I found a neck that a guy from OffsetGuitars painted the headstock and gave it the vintage Fender decals for sale so I jumped on it. I had a box of some older AVRI jazzmaster parts that I was going to use to "upgrade" the Squier. I must say, the Squier is very playable and sounded great out of box. I just wanted to give it a few parts that will give me some more miles out of it. Here is a quick list of what I did to it.

• Fender tremolo with a trem lock
  • Warmoth modified Fender Mustang Bridge
  • New neck with matching paint headstock. (From a member over at offsetguitars.com)
  • Fender tuners
  • Brown Tortoiseshell pickguard
  • Fender AVRI (American Vintage Reissue) neck and bridge pickups
  • Couch brown and aqua strap.. not a mod, but awesome

wretched

billstein

Kinki fuzz

Looks sweet, I bet it sounds great too... congrats!

Great guitar for pedals by the way

gtr2

Sexy guitar!  Looks like we have the same shag carpet too...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Cortexturizer

a thing of beauty. I had a jazzmaster for a short period of time, but the jaguars are growing on me lately. A friend has a few and I really liked what I've heard and when I played em it felt like home so I might get one eventually. Hm.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

stevie1556

Great looking guitar! You should be proud of yourself :)

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

PhiloB

Looks fantastic!  I have Squier Modified Tele that plays great.  You must be a proud 'papa':)

selfdestroyer

Thanks guys, its a great guitar. I love my MIJ Jazzmaster also but I think the shortscale guitar is for me. I feel like a kid again playing the Jag.

Quote from: gtr2 on January 01, 2014, 03:14:27 PM
Sexy guitar!  Looks like we have the same shag carpet too...

There is a few of us on this forum that rock the green shag rug from Ikea and even a couple that actually have a full room  of the green shag. When we get a house I want to do my music room, preferably a basement, in green shag. I just love it and it looks great with everything. lol

gtr2

Yeah, mine is the full carpet...

It's hard to find missing components in it.  Resistors are very hard to track down when they jump off the breadboard...  :o
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

Quote from: gtr2 on January 02, 2014, 01:14:58 AM
Yeah, mine is the full carpet...

It's hard to find missing components in it.  Resistors are very hard to track down when they jump off the breadboard...  :o

OMG.. Its funny you say this. I just went into my office and stepped on something and looked in the carpet and there were 3 J201's hidden in the shag. Thats so funny.