News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Happy happy

Started by madbean, December 31, 2013, 06:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I convinced the wife to let me move part of the workshop down into the house proper for the remainder of the winter. Not only will this increase my productivity immeasurably, I will no longer have to freeze my nuts off to build something.

madbean

And more good news for me: my new SG will be here on Jan 2nd! I gotta plug Sweetwater here. They actually sent me a pic of the guitar they are shipping. I think that is pretty great CS.

pietro_moog

nice. btw, i thought you were a strat guy

jubal81

Now that's a happy new year!

Really beautiful SG. WoWser.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on December 31, 2013, 06:09:25 PM
I gotta plug Sweetwater here. They actually sent me a pic of the guitar they are shipping. I think that is pretty great CS.

They actually sent me pics of several of the same model guitar and let me pick which one I wanted (it was an acoustic with a bit of a burst). Sweetwater rules.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

DutchMF

Quote from: madbean on December 31, 2013, 06:07:53 PM
I convinced the wife to let me move part of the workshop down into the house proper for the remainder of the winter. Not only will this increase my productivity immeasurably, I will no longer have to freeze my nuts off to build something.

That is some great news, but I think this is going to cost you loads of 'Steak and BJ-day' credits.......  ;) Cool stuff Bean, still wishing for a proper work area myself  :(

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

rullywowr

Quote from: DutchMF on December 31, 2013, 07:21:49 PM

That is some great news, but I think this is going to cost you loads of 'Steak and BJ-day' credits.......  ;) Cool stuff Bean, still wishing for a proper work area myself  :(

Paul

I didn't know they had steak and BJ day in the Netherlands too!  Awesome.

Happy B-day Brian!  You deserve it.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

madbean

Quote from: jubal81 on December 31, 2013, 07:11:56 PM
Now that's a happy new year!

Really beautiful SG. WoWser.

You know, the new SGJ model looks to be quite badass. It says "Made in USA", which surprised me. I assumed at the price point they were Asian. I'm sure there are some shortcuts in the quality, but probably nothing that will bother me. The back of it has pretty uneven stain, but I actually like that. It gives it some uniqueness.

madbean

Quote from: rullywowr on December 31, 2013, 07:32:31 PM

Quote from: DutchMF on December 31, 2013, 07:21:49 PM

Paul

I didn't know they had steak and BJ day in the Netherlands too!  Awesome.

Happy B-day Brian!  You deserve it.

Wait what is this steak and BJ thing you speak of? I think I'm owed back payment.

DutchMF

Quote from: madbean on December 31, 2013, 07:35:30 PM
Wait what is this steak and BJ thing you speak of? I think I'm owed back payment.

I'd want to say come over, we'll have a beer, and I'll explain the whole thing to you, might be in for shock......... But that's a pretty long swim!  ;D
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

danwelsh

Quote from: DutchMF on December 31, 2013, 08:03:16 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 31, 2013, 07:35:30 PM

I'd want to say come over, we'll have a beer, and I'll explain the whole thing to you, might be in for shock......... But that's a pretty long swim!  ;D

LOL....I love giving my steak and getting BJ.....happy New year guys.

selfdestroyer

Its funny, here in central California, I move inside in the summer since its hot as balls here in the work shop. I look forward to working in the shop during the winter "month"... lol

jkokura

You guys wanna talk cold?

Don't mess with the guy living in Saskatchewan. It was -47 Celcius with Windchill yesterday.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

wretched

Winnipeg was -50. even now the streets are all ice.

Haberdasher

cool looking axe, brian!
i bought a guitar at sweetwater last year.  i told the rep what i wanted and one day i just got the shipping notice.  i was never sent pics or allowed to choose which one.  now i feel like requesting a new rep. >:(
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS