Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the new Top Gear season :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

Isn't that the movie with that really short crazy guy that came out in the 80s?

jkokura

Quote from: midwayfair on December 31, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

No, that's Top Gun...

I've never seen an episode of Top Gear, but I hear is hilarious.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Yeah those guys in Top Gear get to drive cross country with some ridiculous sports cars while making fun of each other, burning the tires off, and testing their limits. 

Sounds like a dream job although I bet some of those cars are pretty uncomfortable to drive for more than 20 minutes and of course the constant fear of cracking up a million dollar sports car that isn't yours.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Ettore_M

Oh yeah! Me too! Ι've seen it all, and waiting for the new season! :D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

marmaliser

I assume we are talking about the original UK Top Gear which of course is most excellent but at six episodes a series is not on for long enough

juansolo

Quote from: jkokura on December 31, 2013, 03:19:19 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on December 31, 2013, 01:55:00 PM

No, that's Top Gun...

I've never seen an episode of Top Gear, but I hear is hilarious.

Jacob

Jumped the shark about 3 or 4 seasons ago.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

ThePastRecedes

I'm exited!

I feel the last few seasons they have tried to make it more of a comedy and at times the comedy feels too scripted. That said I still love to watched it.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

jkokura

Quote from: juansolo on December 31, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

I had to google what that meant. Just cause my wife watches Downton Abbey doesn't mean I know Brit speak.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

m-Kresol

I saw the show maybe twice. If you like the host of the show, check out "Brainiac. The series kind of gets old if you watch it to often, because some things are repeating (intros and such), but basically it's the early, british version of Mythbusters.

As a chemist, this is my favorite part:

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

I like the Oz and James series, where James May and Oz Clark drive around (complaining about each other in that British way), while drinking lots of great booze.

Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections is also great, I like it better than his Brainiac series. I love the history, and the lessons from it about how technology works and where it comes from.

James May's Man Lab is entertaining, his Toy Story series is a must see if you ever played with Lego or a model train set.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

wretched

I saw one with Seasick Steve  :)

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on January 01, 2014, 04:27:41 AM
Quote from: juansolo on December 31, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

I had to google what that meant. Just cause my wife watches Downton Abbey doesn't mean I know Brit speak.

Jacob

I think the phrase "jumped the shark" actually is rooted in the old show Happy Days.  When it really lost it was an episode where Fonzie was water skiing and he jumped over a shark.

The Brits may have adopted it, but it was truly lousy American television that spawned it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper