News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

This sounds familiar to me....

Started by micromegas, December 30, 2013, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

http://www.ubermut.com/

It's a pedal on which you can change componentes to "shape" the od to your ideal tone.
New ideas are always the best.... :)

I think I'm going to put sockets on every pedal I build from now on and charge an extra amount for diodes, caps and everything else.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jimilee

Not really a tubed pedal just a cool graphic with the light behind. There's your money, the enclosures! I'd buy one of those.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

catfud

I'm not sure whether to find it depressing or be impressed by such a piece of marketing spin

electrosonic

Why do they need kickstarter to make this happen?

From their kickstarter page " We have successfully created five prototypes and eight tone packs so far."

Doesn't making a tone pack entail putting a couple of parts in a baggie?

Andrew.

jubal81

Wow. What a ripoff.

"We have successfully implemented sandwich bag technology in a new and exciting way."
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

What you guys gotta realize is that there are still guys out there that can't even change their own strings. There's a market for it, but I don't think you can sustain a whole company in this idea.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Quote from: jubal81 on December 31, 2013, 12:14:56 AM
Wow. What a ripoff.

"We have successfully implemented sandwich bag technology in a new and exciting way."

I like the old sandwich bags before the zip locks. More mojo. Put a couple of diodes in one of those and I'm all over it.

slimtriggers

+1 on the enclosure.  Pretty cool. 

Otherwise, meh ::)

jubal81

You know, there would be a really cool way to do something like this.

The pedal has an opening gain stage ->empty module socket -> Tone Stack -> makeup stage/Volume

Then the different, pluggable modules would be in a simple, rugged housing.
Tubescreamer, Big Muff, 4049 ... lots of possibilities.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jubal81

Then, you could have an LFO pedal.
Depth, speed, mix
With modules for Tremolo, Phase, etc ..
- David Fair

jubal81

What would be super cool - The modules are about the form factor of Nixie tubes and glow, each with its own logo ...

- David Fair

chromesphere

Quote from: jubal81 on December 31, 2013, 12:14:56 AM

hahaha, ah man, nearly spat my drink from laughing.

Cant wait to see how much the "Tone Packs" cost...
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

haveyouseenhim

You don't even have to be a rocket surgeon...   Rly?
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

pickdropper

The only really interesting thing about it is the flip-top enclosure.

I still prefer the pedal that I considered but never made.  It had the following features:

1.) Sockets on the PCB and strategic cutouts on the top of the enclosure so that you could look directly down on the sockets. 

2.) You would remove/install components with a set of tweezers that would plug into the size of the enclosure.  The ground of the LED would be connected to a switched socket so that it would be disconnected when you plugged in the tweezers.

3.) When removing/installing the components with the tweezers you wouldn't want to touch the side of the enclosure.  If you did, it would ground the LED, turning it on.

This would obviously be a DIY pedal only, or I think I might get sued.   ;D

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper