News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Good source for 5-6mm height electro caps

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, December 30, 2013, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Does anyone have a good source for the low profile 5-6mm high electro caps? 1-100uF?

I am running out of my stock and looking for a good deal for some future small-ish enclosure builds  ;)

muddyfox

Paul (chromesphere) has some in his webshop. Are those short enough?

pickdropper

Mouser is where I get all mine from.  Cheap, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

Damnit! That blasted Mouser gets dangled in my face whatever the topic!  ;D

I just may buckle down and do a 100eur+ order of the "not needed right now but nice to have" things and be done with whining...

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on December 30, 2013, 02:27:30 PM

Does Mouser offer Low-ESR versions in these sizes? Or do you have to go with the 11mm+ height to get the lower ESR?

kothoma

Quote from: muddyfox on December 30, 2013, 02:30:39 PM
I just may buckle down and do a 100eur+ order of the "not needed right now but nice to have" things and be done with whining...

€65 + VAT etc. would be enough to get free shipping.

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 30, 2013, 02:43:18 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on December 30, 2013, 02:27:30 PM

Does Mouser offer Low-ESR versions in these sizes? Or do you have to go with the 11mm+ height to get the lower ESR?

I don't remember, actually.  I think you're going to have to go cruise the datasheets.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

Took a couple looks. Dont believe they offer low ESR in the mini sizes  :-\

rullywowr

It's always a trade off.   The shorter the cap, the wider or less voltage and more expensive. You may find 8mm wide ones easier than 6.3mm.  Most of the 5mm high 100uF are only rated for 6.3v.

Lately, I have replaced my electro stash with quality ones from Mouser and I am glad I did.  I placed all my Tayda ones in a box for a rainy day. Depends on the voltage but I have 100 uF in 16v and 25v in both 11mm and 7mm high by 6.3mm diameter.  Depends on the build but if other components are going to be 11mm high then no sense in using a shorter electro.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

alanp

Paul's shipping is a lot more reasonable than Mouser, at least for me :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

My electros are all 5mm height.  I know, they aren't as cheap as the big resalers and probably a bit pricey, but I hope the shipping makes up for that.  I'm hoping to get those prices lower soon as well.  Its in the pipeline to be done.

Edit: hey, would you guys be in for something like a bulk pack?  I was thinking of putting together a 'deal' sort of thing in the buy/sell section.  Quantities of all the values I have in a bulk / discounted lot and still keeping the postage $3.  I'll look into this very shortly.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimilee

Quote from: chromesphere on December 30, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
My electros are all 5mm height.  I know, they aren't as cheap as the big resalers and probably a bit pricey, but I hope the shipping makes up for that.  I'm hoping to get those prices lower soon as well.  Its in the pipeline to be done.

Edit: hey, would you guys be in for something like a bulk pack?  I was thinking of putting together a 'deal' sort of thing in the buy/sell section.  Quantities of all the values I have in a bulk / discounted lot and still keeping the postage $3.  I'll look into this very shortly.

Paul

uhhh duhhh yeah?  :P If there is a deal to be had, I'm pretty sure I need it!  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chromesphere

Doing my homework.  Waiting on some contacts to get back to me, but currently looking probably $15 for 75 caps shipped in 7 different values (the ones currently on my webstore).  Hopefully will be cheaper, but waiting on response.  I will have to wait for more stock, but once received will make up the packages and post something on the buy/sell section.  Hope this is the sort of thing people are after?
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

madbean

I use Lelond for most of my electros from Mouser. 5-7mm heights. I like em.

playpunk

I will buy that grab bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk