News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boss DS1 with Keely Mods

Started by billstein, December 30, 2013, 06:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

A Boss DS1 with Seeing Eye and Ultra Mods from Keely.

A few firsts on this one. My first Vero build and my first water slide decal. The switches put LED's into the circuit for more crunch and distortion. They are exposed so they flash as they are overdriven. Pretty cool.

I've always like the DS1 for leads. Put a Tube Screamer in front for rhythm crunch and kick on the DS1 for lead. Great pedal for layering. 

The build is from Sabro Tone.

Learning how to keep vero wiring really neat is going to be a learning curve.

Kinki fuzz

Liustucru

Hey !
great build ;-)

Where did you find the vero layout with Keeley mods ?

Liustucru

Sorry !
I should have read the entire post instead of just looking at the title and picts ;-)

jkokura

Boss build Bill!

Jacob

(see what I did there?)
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sonarchotic

Looks great! I've picked up a couple DS-1's before with intentions of modding them and then ended up trading them off before I got a chance. I'm sure I'll find another one somewhere :D

jimilee

Looks like waterslide on Vinyl, how'd you do it? Was it white waterslide paper? It's pretty vibrant.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on December 30, 2013, 11:25:44 PM
Looks like waterslide on Vinyl, how'd you do it? Was it white waterslide paper? It's pretty vibrant.

I painted the sides with a grey and then a pearl white. The top is just an bright orange, the digital photo kind of hyped it a bit. The top picture is fairly close to the actual pedal. Then a clear waterslide on top of it and clear varnish.

I did this late last night and didn't take much time but I should probably go in and color correct that second photo. It looks pretty neon.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on December 31, 2013, 12:19:13 AM
It looks freakin awesome!

Thanks Jimi and thanks for all the other kind comments.

I just color corrected the photos a bit (should have done this before I posted them). It's more accurate now. Still a bit more vibrant but I think you live with that on a backlit monitor.   :)

billstein

Quote from: jkokura on December 30, 2013, 05:18:31 PM
Boss build Bill!

Jacob

(see what I did there?)

I did see what you did there. Very clever.  :)

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

fendman

Hey Bill, I love seeing and doing vero builds...this looks great!!! Sorry I missed this earlier.
Great job
Mike

Jabulani Jonny

Very cool build and congrats on your first Vero!  I haven't ventured there yet.  This looks like a really cool pedal. 

You say you did two waterslides on top or did I misunderstand?
Jonathan