News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Univox superfuzz or Foxx tone machine

Started by evildead222, December 27, 2013, 06:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evildead222

I just want your opinions.  Which one is more fun to play, Univox superfuzz or Foxx tone machine!!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: evildead222 on December 27, 2013, 06:56:46 PM
I just want your opinions.  Which one is more fun to play, Univox superfuzz or Foxx tone machine!!

I love me so Univox superfuzz. I have built a few of them and love them. Wall-O-Fuzz

evildead222

yea it looks like the univox superfuzz blows away the foxx tone machine

Cortexturizer

well, although they are octave fuzzes, they are really different. if you want an insane wall of sound fuzz with a hint of middle-ish octave down then go for the superfuzz. if you want a more special occasion fuzz where you use it in a song or two then go for the foxx. I really think that superfuzz is to be used all the time due to it's awesomeness it would be just a pity not to use it to melt faces continuously.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Rockhorst

I think I like the SuperFuzz better, but both of them aren't really my cup of tea. More a Fuzz Face guy myself.  I liked the octave on the Univox better then on the Tone Machine.

Kinki fuzz

Both!! they are two great fuzzes.
The octave in the foxx is more pronounced so it's too much to use it all the time, but in the non-octave position is a great sounding fuzz.

sonarchotic

I will say the Foxx cuts really well in a mix versus a lot of fuzzes. Haven't built the Uni though.

jimilee

Univox superfuzz AND Foxx tone machine you should build them both because you can!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

atreidesheir

I like the Foxx because you have the option of turning the octave off.  The super is much harsher if you like that.  I always thought the foxx makes chords sound like revving a Ferrarri. 
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

dannoceti

Looking for fabbed superfuzz pcb any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrtyska9

Quote from: dannoceti on October 29, 2014, 04:42:54 AM
Looking for fabbed superfuzz pcb any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot Rockhorst a PM

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=14059

Richard

Richard

lars

I've only built the Foxx Tone Machine, so I can't say which I would like better in comparison. I did notice the description of the Super-Fuzz says that it has a mid-scoop, so in typical Big Muff fashion I would guess it could get lost in a band mix. As brought out, I like that you can turn off the octave on the Tone Machine. Also with the Foxx, when the sustain is way down it has more of an overdrive sound to it that works very well for driving your amp.
The best suggestion has already been given:  build both, you'll find uses for them.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer