News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The "SWEET things I got for Christmas" thread 2013!!!

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, December 26, 2013, 01:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Thought it would be cool to see things that the good little girls and boys got for Christmas. As well as show off your Christmas goodies!  ;)

This is my SWEET Christmas morning surprise!!!

1996 American Standard Stratocaster. Maple neck. OHSC. MINT!!!!

Totally surprised with this one. I can usually guarantee knowing what I am getting but this..... this was a shocker!

OK.... who is next??  ;D

jubal81

Dude, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's ... backwards.

Seriously, that is one sweet instrument. Big congrats.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

billstein

alanp

Ooooh, nice :) I expect better demo videos in future now! ;) :)

I picked up a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface, so now I can hook my 12 gauge mic up to the PC. Rock Shop NZ no-GST sale, didn't have to pay the 15% Goods and Service Tax.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pryde

@ Lacky:
I have the EXACT same guitar: year, color, and maple fret board even. Absolutely wonderful guitar you got there, congrats!

I have 2 young kids which translates into me getting a big pile of nothing  8)

slimtriggers

This will be my first build of the new year  8)   I'm gonna need Jimi to come through with those Tayda codes, though.

alanp

Quote from: jubal81 on December 26, 2013, 02:03:54 AM
I got a New hat. It's wool. Really dig it.

Hills Hats make better flat caps :) (The fact that they're NZ, and make 'em out of NZ wool, have nothing to do with it. Honest.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on December 26, 2013, 02:32:40 AM
This will be my first build of the new year  8)   I'm gonna need Jimi to come through with those Tayda codes, though.
I'm on it, I have quite a few builds going myself waiting on those codes.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Quote from: alanp on December 26, 2013, 02:42:25 AM
Quote from: jubal81 on December 26, 2013, 02:03:54 AM
I got a New hat. It's wool. Really dig it.

Hills Hats make better flat caps :) (The fact that they're NZ, and make 'em out of NZ wool, have nothing to do with it. Honest.)

I'll have to look up Hills. This one's a John Hanly from Ireland.
- David Fair

timbo_93631

I got socks and a heap of coffee beans.  So I'm set. 

The biggie:  My wife went through the blog I use to host photos of my builds and downloaded pics of the outside and a gutshot one by one, and made me a nice chronologically organized scrapbook of all the pedals I built in the past year peppered with pictures of the kiddos that also fit chronologically.  Really sweet thing the missus did for me, it must have taken hours to put together.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pickdropper

Quote from: timbo_93631 on December 26, 2013, 04:10:42 AM

The biggie:  My wife went through the blog I use to host photos of my builds and downloaded pics of the outside and a gutshot one by one, and made me a nice chronologically organized scrapbook of all the pedals I built in the past year peppered with pictures of the kiddos that also fit chronologically.  Really sweet thing the missus did for me, it must have taken hours to put together.

That is REALLY cool.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

Got a nice set of Danish, Melamine, nesting, mixing bowls... the whipped cream will now be twice as fluffy the cookies way more fattening. I also got some those coffee beans, can't have too many of them around, no socks this year.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: timbo_93631 on December 26, 2013, 04:10:42 AM

That is an awesome gift. Really great idea and what a good way to remember your builds.

bcalla

My wife discovered my Amazon wish list and cleaned it out!  Music & hobby related items:
Electronics for Guitarists by Denton J. Dailey.  I'm trying to understand some of this stuff...
The first 4 albums (CDs) by Cold Blood - I used to have these on vinyl.  I saw them a couple of times in the early 70s and the latest incarnation again last year.  Still fronted by Lydia Pense, great singer!
The latest CD by Tierney Sutton.  She's an amazing jazz vocalist who I have seen many times.  With this gift, I have all of her CDs.