News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay with Tap Tempo questions

Started by Clayford, December 24, 2013, 05:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayford

I have a young employee that is an amazing bass and guitar player. Times are tough for his family - Christmas this year means keeping the heat and electric on. He's a a great kid, we're talking share his sandwich with you because you forgot your wallet, even though it's his meal for the day. I was going to work on a couple of pedals this month and also Jacob's looper, but I think I want to build a delay instead. Why tap tempo? Because he thinks it's freaking great. If a kid is willing to offer me half of his food for the day, I think I can spare a chunk of my play money for the month. My holiday PIF if you will - just a little late because I was not aware.

Taptation as I understand it is the way to go for Tap Tempo.  There's a proverbial crap ton of delays out there and I'm looking for input to a known working solution. Aron sells the taptation kits for $20.

Reqs:
Max 1590BB enclosure
Clean - I love my Cave Dweller but not a candidate for this
Available within the Madbean "family" - MB, JMK, 1776, Midwayfair, GrindCustoms etc all welcome. If I forgot someone, pardon my ignorance
Known working Tap Tempo

Nice:
Tails
Slam mod - I'd do an external 1590a for this 3 stomps on a 1590BB is a little tight.
Led as visual indicator of delay setting

My (limited) research has me looking into Jacob's Modular Delay + Modulating Taptation. I'm completely open to other suggestions.  The duo of boards from Jacob seems to have all of the reqs and the LED option. I "think" (boy does THAT get me in trouble sometimes) that Slam can be added by shunting Pin 3 of the Feedback pot to ground.

Thanks in advance

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

jkokura

If you want, because it's a PIF for this guy, I'll just send you a pair of PCBs for it, no charge. PM me your address, and make sure you tell me if you want the mini, standard, or modulated Taptation board. If you don't want the modular delay PCB, I'll just send you the Taptation PCB.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Clayford

Well then - that just about sorts it doesn't it.

selfdestroyer

Both you guys have HUGE hearts and I just wanted to take a second to commend you both.

jimilee

Fwiw I have a guitar pcb D'Lay board and taptation board with taptation chips both mostly populated if you want as well. :P
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Clayford

It seems Jacob has the boards in the mail - I have the taptation kit on the way as well. Just need to order the rest of the chips and some pots from Tayda. It's awesome that folks want to help with this.