News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reeeveeerb?

Started by pryde, December 20, 2013, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Yeah I agree with juansolo.  I reckon your friends request is out of the diy field.  He should just buy a Big Sky or something. Expensive, but as you said Pryde, he's being picky.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pryde

Thinking I might try to re-house a biyang rv-10 into the effect as he seams to like the reverb it produces.
Will need to run new pots off-board to the face of the rack unit, then figure out 9v, ground, in/out on the pcb to run to a new 3pdt toggle on the face as well. I think he will settle on 1 internal setting (toggle switches on the board).

Not going to worry about the stereo in/out options, just going to use the mono path. Any issues/problems with this approach?

chromesphere

Not sure Pryde, but I was wondering, what chip does this effect use for its reverb effect?

selfdestroyer

Should be pretty straight forward. I rehoused a Danelectro pedals last year and it was just a matter of removing their pots and placing mine and I converted it to true bypass. Nothing to crazy.

pryde

Chip is 3201 processor in the unit. I have only heard demos but it sounds pretty decent for $50 I think

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

chromesphere

had a quick look at the datasheet, unfortunately way above my head.  Looks like some digital programming involved.  (AL3201BG)

claytushaywood

the old bricks dont have modulation?  wow!  I wish theyd make the new ones without modulation in all the different decay times.

I can attest to the fact that the short decay time has less modulation than the long- quite a bit less. 

And id also like to note that the decay times have nothing to do with slapback echo in my experience.  you can get it to slapback with any decay time.  just depends on the circuit implementation

juansolo

Yeah bear in mind the delay times aren't massively apart (200/250/280ms IIRC).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

culturejam

Quote from: pryde on December 23, 2013, 01:35:01 AM
Chip is 3201 processor in the unit. I have only heard demos but it sounds pretty decent for $50 I think

That's the same chip as in the Dr. Scientist Reverberator. You could build something relatively similar with the Femtoverb project, which uses the AL2013 also.

Brian and I also worked on a basic FV-1 project (some time ago), which I presume is what he plans to release in the near future. As we left the project, you have access to all of the on-board programs that come default in the FV-1, a few of which are reverbs (and they sound pretty damn good).
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

claytushaywood

Quote from: juansolo on December 23, 2013, 09:50:42 AM

its actually
2 seconds
2.5 seconds
and 2.8 seconds

not ms
and those are decay times, not delay times

destro

If the old style large bricks don't have the modulation than Earthquake Devices Ghost Echo would certainly be different between their big box and small box models. Hmmm....

culturejam

Quote from: destro on December 27, 2013, 12:21:11 AM
If the old style large bricks don't have the modulation than Earthquake Devices Ghost Echo would certainly be different between their big box and small box models. Hmmm....

My *recollection* is that the big/old bricks do not have modulation (or not nearly as much). I built a few of those and never noticed modulation, whereas I immediately heard it when I fired up the first small brick build.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Quote from: claytushaywood on December 26, 2013, 11:02:14 PM
Quote from: juansolo on December 23, 2013, 09:50:42 AM

its actually
2 seconds
2.5 seconds
and 2.8 seconds

not ms
and those are decay times, not delay times

Indeed! I sit corrected.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk