News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A gift for a King(slayer)

Started by jalmonsalmon, December 18, 2013, 07:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

Hey all,
Here is one of my Kingslayers that I made for a fellow guitarist in Tenn in a band called FullDevilJacket as a donation/gift
This is the 1st time I have ever used waterslides since usually I just draw on a pedal with a sharpie and it came out pretty good...
I still need to figure out what the best top coat to use as a gloss...  Pedal rocks and Thank you Madbean for all you do!!!
some eyecandy for yall!!!

I suppose I could have done a better job with the LEDs inside however it is packed tight inside with foam and rock solid and stable...  LOL

Cheers
-J
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

Govmnt_Lacky

Might want to tie that Output jack ground to the ground bus. If it ever comes loose OR the paint/powder coating gets in the way it will cause issues.

Looks good!  ;)

jalmonsalmon

Nice tip!  I will ground the output jack!
Thanks
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

pickdropper

I had a powder coated enclosure that had too much coating on the inside and didn't conduct,, so I wired the output jack to ground.  For this particular build (Ab old Dr Boogie board) this ended up causing squealing issues when the cable was unplugged from the guitar.  I finally fixed it by removing the ground on the output jack, filing off some of the inside powder coat and using toothed lock washers on the jacks.  All better now.

Usually, grounding the output jack is OK , but once in a while it goes wrong.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on December 18, 2013, 08:43:21 PM
I had a powder coated enclosure that had too much coating on the inside and didn't conduct,, so I wired the output jack to ground.  For this particular build (Ab old Dr Boogie board) this ended up causing squealing issues when the cable was unplugged from the guitar.  I finally fixed it by removing the ground on the output jack, filing off some of the inside powder coat and using toothed lock washers on the jacks.  All better now.

Usually, grounding the output jack is OK , but once in a while it goes wrong.

I have a pedal with the same symptom (squeezing when cable is unplugged). Looks like I will have to crack it open when I get home!

jalmonsalmon

I have tested this build with a roaring Marshall at full tilt and no squealing... Just the moter boating thing but I like it that way LOL.  This pedal is awesome!
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .