News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

And now for something completely different...

Started by Guitarmageddon, December 18, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

...Oh, wait a minute... it's just more pedals. ???

A Darkside with BC550s, could be my favourite Muffesque circuit yet...
Image and name was the customer's idea.

A Rub-a-dub, long brick, on perf (thanks Jon) with a short/long switch (thanks Rej)

The Fuzz-E-Mite (say it like Vegemite  :wink: )
A Fuzzrite in a slanted box.

BC109 (hfe~400) and 2N2222 (~150) is how I like it. The switch is a "Phat" control.
The inclusion of a lighted pot & board calculated to turn the stomach of the point to point purists. :lol:

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jubal81

Great etches and tidy guts. Really dig those PTP builds. They NEED batteries just so you have to open them up once in a while.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

I love the Rub-a-dub etch. It looks great. Can you point me to the thread about the short/long switch. All I can find is one about the Tenebrion mods. Thanks

Guitarmageddon

Thank's gents.
It's the same mod as the Tenebrion, hardly a mod, but an effective trick. It's simply a low (1-10K) resistor, switchable, across the mix pot.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jimilee

Man, those are sharp, and the jacks couldn't be any further back if you tried.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TheCobbenator

Dude! Looks great!  My rub-a-dub also had the clear pot w/UV so I approve. Did mine on a vero layout I made, but yours is def smaller. Do you have a perf layout?

wretched

Wow those look great. I would love to hear a demo of that Fuzz e Mite

slimtriggers

If by "different" you mean freakin' awesome, then you are correct, sir!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on December 18, 2013, 02:46:44 AM
Thank's gents.
It's the same mod as the Tenebrion, hardly a mod, but an effective trick. It's simply a low (1-10K) resistor, switchable, across the mix pot.

Perfect, thanks

Cortexturizer

oh my god how have I missed this?!
every one of those is fantastic, especially the fuzzrite, what jubal said, I'd look at it for hours. Phenomenal stuff!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

das234

They are all great.  And I might have to hire your customer on as a design consultant - I love that keystone cop FUZZ theme.

Guitarmageddon

Thanks for the kind words. :)
Quote from: TheCobbenator on December 18, 2013, 03:08:47 AM
Did mine on a vero layout I made, but yours is def smaller. Do you have a perf layout?
It's Jon Patton's layout, graciously shared Here.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com